[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some novels or stories that have a profound connection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: p53c.jpg (389KB, 1109x1417px) Image search: [Google]
p53c.jpg
389KB, 1109x1417px
What are some novels or stories that have a profound connection between a human and animal? With themes such as mutual suffering, empathy, mercy etc.
>>
call of the wild
>>
a passion in the desert is pretty good
>>
Nietzsche's "why I have sex with horses" is a seminal classic of the genre
>>
Friedrich Hugs a Horse
>>
Takashi Hiraide's “The Guest Cat” if you have a crush for Japanese poetic realism.
>>
>>8685768
Could make some pretty redpilled jokes here hehe (about women and blacks hehe)
>>
>>8685794
the woman becomes an animal if she dates a nigger
>>
The Turin Horse
>>
Au Hasard Balthazar. Its a film, but whatever it's fucking great.
Pro tip: the god tier piano sonata that plays throughout the film was written by Schubert when his wife was cheating on him
>>
>>8685789
Is it actually any good? Or is it á la Murakami?
>>
>>8685871
It is decent. Not a masterpiece, though. You won't lose your time.
>>
The best and most famous novel of this type in spanish is "Platero y yo",by Juan Ramon Jimenez.The story of a man and his donkey.It has to be a good traduction in english.
>>
File: Rawr.jpg (21KB, 220x365px) Image search: [Google]
Rawr.jpg
21KB, 220x365px
>>
A man and his dog by Mann
An alternative translation is bashan and I
>>
>>8685956
Beat me to it!
>>
>>8685956
Is it any good? Is the prose bearable
>>
File: bearp95.jpg (62KB, 458x536px) Image search: [Google]
bearp95.jpg
62KB, 458x536px
>>8686086
>>
>>8686096
canadians
>>
>>8685768
White Fang and The Call of the Wild. Ernest Seton Thompson's work has a unique bond between man and animal, though in some stories it boils down to "I hunted and killed said animal, now I feel like shit". Some of his work is good though.

>>8686096
I only ever see this page posted here. How is the rest of the book?
>>
>>8686130
there's a decent chunk of it in google books for you to see. I'm so far from the target audience my opinion is moot. It's more about feminism & sexual liberation than bearsecks though.
>>
>>8686096
>>8686149
Half tempted to pick it up for the sheer wtf-ness of it
>>
>>8686149
I'm starting to think that Justin Trudeau might be a manifestation of this book.
>>
>>8686096
>I don't care if I can't turn you on, I just love you
>tfw a woman will never feel this love for you
>>
Haven't even read it but Travels with Charley by the Steinbeckster.
>>
>>8686198
From what I remember the connection between him and the dog is not really a major theme. Still a great book, though.
>>
>>8685896
This looks really good
>>
File: 1395944944908.jpg (170KB, 1224x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1395944944908.jpg
170KB, 1224x1224px
>>8685768
Is this an illustration of Beloved when Paul D. fucks the cattle?
>>
Check out Buytendijk, Mind of the Dog

Fifteen Dogs by Andre Alexis is sad as fuck, and a major part of it deals with human-animal bond
>>
>>8685847
The turin horse is not what op is asking for. Horse plays the role of a symbol, her relationship with the owners is not important at all.
>>
>>8685786
:(
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.