[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in the book shop >queue up beside like three people >the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: biimgcbTJg4.jpg (52KB, 653x716px) Image search: [Google]
biimgcbTJg4.jpg
52KB, 653x716px
>in the book shop
>queue up beside like three people
>the guy in front of me buys Ulysses
>*shakey hands*
>pay for the books
>ask the guy if he's read Odyssey or Portrait
>"no"
>ask where did he find out about Ulysses
>shows his phone with the "must-read" list 101 alongside with Bradbury, Wilde and Kafka
Why are normalfags such memes?
>>
>>8682203
>Wilde
>Kafka
Enjoy your utterly misplaced sense of superiority, faggot.
>>
Does every anime poster have asperges?
>>
>>8682203
how did you find ulysses, OP
>>
>>8682220
/lit/, of course, the truly patrician way
>>
>>8682222
holy quads!
>>
>>8682219
sure seems like it
>>
>>8682203
Too bad he didn't visit /lit/ and read the Greeks first, then follow the flow charts of prerequisite works.
>>
Hi OP,
It's anon from the book shop. Sorry, man, I have actually read Odyssey and have a copy of Portrait, you were just stuttering so badly that I couldn't understand a word. And yes, I've been reading works of Wilde and Kafka lately and I didn't really like any of Bradbury. If we ever meet, come with me and we will chill and talk about James Joyce.
Yours,
Anon
>>
>>8682203

Nah, walk into the hall, like what up I got a big stack, I'm so pumped about some shit from the book shop!
>>
>>8682203
you have to start somewhere, maybe he's a patrician in the making who got tired of not getting references and recurred to charts, nothing wrong with that as long as it's not for posturing (clearly isn't because he was honest of his ignorance with you)
>>
>>8682832
I agree that you have to start somewhere. I think OP's point was that fucking Ulysses is probably not the place to start.
>>
>>8682850
if he really strives for reading Ulysses he'll probably read other books like those OP referenced in order to understand it
>>
>>8682259
You don't need to follow the autistic fucking charts. You just need to read the Odyssey before you go for Ulysses.
>>
>>8682203
A thread died for this post
>>
>>8682981
Isn't the odyssey usually required reading in high school? Even if you slack on it you should have gotten the gist of it then.
>>
>>8683032
It was likely a thread no better than this one. Shit replaced by even more shit, such is /lit/.
>>
>>8682203
cool anime image you must be very superior
>>
>>8683039
Anon, I'm brazillian. The only relevant books which are not brazillian which I read for high school were Socrates's Apology, Book Thief and Metamorphosis. And most of my friends didn't even read the required books.

So the dude reasonably speaking could have not read the Odyssey,
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.