[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/ what is the best philosophical novel you've ever read,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2016-11-01-10-05-14.png (321KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-01-10-05-14.png
321KB, 1080x1920px
/lit/ what is the best philosophical novel you've ever read, and why? Without revealing the plot please. Pic related is mine so far.
>>
>>8680059
I bet its your first one as well.

Mine is crime and punishment
>>
File: DanielQuinn_Ishmael.jpg (14KB, 252x400px) Image search: [Google]
DanielQuinn_Ishmael.jpg
14KB, 252x400px
I just love how it tells you that we will all collapse because we just didn't listen.
>>
File: 24034592.jpg (34KB, 318x432px) Image search: [Google]
24034592.jpg
34KB, 318x432px
>>
>>8681060
Is this actually good, will it genuinely spook me?

>>8681069
Could you explain? I've never read nick land but see his name a lot.
>>
The Brothers Karamazov.

The Stranger was incredibly shit.
>>
>>8681120
>but see his name a lot.
He is a fringe philosopher that is popular amongst a certain group of people on a certain type of board. Might be worth checking out, but he writes obsecure.
>Is this actually good, will it genuinely spook me?
If I am honest it was a meme answer. I was going to read it, but decided not to. If I remember correctly it comes down to: agriculture and civilization was a mistake.

It did win some price.
>>
>>8681069
where can I pirate this
>>
>>8681052
Seconding Crime and Punishment. Don Quixote is one of my favorites as well, but in a very different way.
>>
>>8681120
An intro to Nick Land, or at least the previous version of him: http://divus.cc/london/en/article/nick-land-ein-experiment-im-inhumanismus
Book review: https://the-electric-philosopher.blogspot.com/2015/12/phyl-undhu-by-nick-land-review.html

Nick Land's work is what you get when you filter Continental philosophy, Hermetic Qabalah, evolutionary biology and contrarian opinions on politics and global risk through a lens of cyberpunk, cybernetics and cosmic horror. If you are the right kind of reader for it, it's exhilarating as well as challenging like a hard puzzle.
>>
>>8680059

seriously though, not bad.
>>
Political Theology by Carl Schmitt
Republic
Meditation (kek)
>>
>there are children that think there is any value to Camus' heavy-handed nonsense
>>
>>8683452
Im assuming you're referring to Plato's Republic -- there are bits and pieces of it that are great, but the general philosophy wasn't altogether interesting. His take on forms of governments was interesting to say the least

If anything, my experience with first-year college students bragging about how amazing Plato is and how he's flawless doesn't help either
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.