[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my professor asked what I've been reading lately and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1416.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1416.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
So my professor asked what I've been reading lately and I told her, to which she replied that I was reading a lot of literature by 'intense white men.' Which is true I guess, but I didn't really see a problem with it.
Anyway she gave me these to read. I know it's just gonna be some kumbaya, white-guilt shit, so I'm just gonna read one.

Anyone familiar with any of these? Which should I read?
>>
yeah don't waste your time on this junk. read more /lit/-approved white men instead
>>
Read Clarice Lispector than btfo your teacher
>>
>>8676410
>she
>white men

Do you frog faggots never tire of these threads about how dumb women are and how shit nonwhite authors are?
>>
>>8676410
Kill whitey
>>
what books did you tell her you were reading?
>>
>>8676410
That was nice of her. Idk, read one and let her know you read it though, or else you'll be a shit.
>>
>>8676410
She wants to fuck, anon.
>>
>>8676410
Your teacher is a cunt.
>>
>>8676458
Cool, any recommendations by her? I quickly glanced her wikipedia, seems pretty interesting.
I definitely want to diversify my reading. I read some Rand this summer, which I wasn't into really. I've got a book by duBois lying around and I plan on reading Sankara at some point, so I can get some blackness into my lit diet.

>>8676483
Relax dude. You've made quite a few assumptions.
I have a sneaking suspicion these books are going to be some lukewarm, soybean flavored, new-age bullshit and that's not what I'm into so I asked /lit/ if they've ever read any of these.
I never said women were inferior or whites were superior or whatever else you got from my very, very short post.
>>
File: notnice.png (202KB, 474x317px) Image search: [Google]
notnice.png
202KB, 474x317px
>>8676511
I just finished das Kapital, which was a slow burn. Read some Trotsky before that, which was stupid because I knew little Marxist theory. Now I've been flying through Nietzsche, which I'm liking much more.

>>8676516
Yeah I figured I'd read at least one. They don't look like my type of lit, but I'll take peoples recommendations.
>>
>>8676531
You know what kind of thread you're going to get, fucking frog faggot retard.
>>
>>8676531
Near to the wild heart for Hurricane Clarice. Toni Morrison is not bad either and you could kill two birds by reading her (female and black). Song of Solomon is a fun southern gothic-esque book
>>
>>8676410
I would flip through Ackerman and Dillard and avoid bell hooks.

>>8676583
I second Morrison, she's /lit/'s punching bag but she's a visionary next to the books the prof lent you.
>>
>>8676597
I think very few people on this board have actually read any Morrison, except for maybe in high school
>>
>>8676410
Cut a hole in a book and Fuck yourself
Then give it back to her unread
>>
>>8676583
Cool, thanks. Both sound pretty neat.
>>8676597
Thanks m8!! I think I'll end up going for Dillard. Looks like a shorter read and more up my alley.
>>
>>8676410
>professor
>her
I want this century to end now.
>>
Draw a bunch of dicks in them
Also fuck Trump and fuck white people
>>
Women shouldn't be allowed to teach. Don't even bother with those books OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9sniYqjpyU
>>
>>8676410
lol my gf just finished All About Love and she liked it. it seemed kind of bullshit but idc it gives bitches something to read
>>
>>8676410
The Ackerman one sounds the most promising.

I don't envy you the situation, anon. There's very few female writers that I've liked enough to read more than one book by them. There's just something about the books that leaves me disconnected and dispassionate about them - they're not bad, they just don't give me that compulsive feeling of making a discovery and wanting to read the author's entire set of works. I assume many females feel the same about male writers, given reactions like the one from your professor.
>>
File: 1475898701308.gif (2MB, 320x384px) Image search: [Google]
1475898701308.gif
2MB, 320x384px
Teaching a Stone to Talk
Chuck the rest into the garbage bin
>>
File: Pepe 14.gif (100KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe 14.gif
100KB, 500x500px
>>8676556
Did your inferiority complexe got triggered?
>>
Clarice Lispector (most recent translations) and Hilda Hilst
Marguerite Yourcenar
maybe Ingeborg Bachmann

find your own way
>>
I always tellem: I've been reading them dragontails gnome sayin
>>
>>8676410
Fucking kike. I bet she likes marx, quran and feminist therapy.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.