[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i just reading schopo "the world as will and representation"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1477439285731.png (83KB, 696x931px) Image search: [Google]
1477439285731.png
83KB, 696x931px
i just reading schopo "the world as will and representation" ( i go for four hundred more or less, in a book of one thousand, so maybe i missing something important) i like the guy and appreciate his sincerity.
but it´s not too misterious his vision of Will?.. it´s not just the vain and simple meaning of "will" that we commonly use.
i mean... i feel like it can´t be really be demonstrate that his vision of will was something different of some religious jerk talking about we are childrens of god.

i know im totally wrong for somebody who really admire to schopo and his pedestal in phily. but for somebody who read it and can understand my question.
he give a religious meaning and the beyond time and space cliche to the word WILL?. because for somebody so harsh in some parts sounds too naif his believing in all this.
>>
gonna let you in on a little secret op

if you want your question be answered stop using this dumbass picture
>>
>>8665926
Isn't will for Schopenhauer just "Desire" or "Want"?
>>
>>8665949
i doubt it. he go much deep with the concept. like the unnameable desire behind the desire or something like that.
>>
>>8665926
Are you trying to emulate the writing of a black female?
>>
>>8665991
yes. qualisha rodriguez... if you know it.
>>
>>8665926
>>8665949
will to live is the thing in itself for schopenhauer.
read kant first
>>
>>8667515
he should choose another word.
"the thing in itself" is shit. it´s like pushing a conceptualization for something unnameable.
>>
>>8665949
He has a few kinds of will.
"Noumenal Will" or Will in-itself, which is just another word for Kant's thing in-itself.

"Phenomenal Will" which is effectively energy and is part of the will to life. It's the force that drives all things and can manifest itself in physical phenomena, (forces of nature etc) and living creatures.

It's awkward wording and can easily lead to confusion.
>>
what do if i relate to the OP pic
>>
>>8665926
Schopenhauer was huge into Buddhism and Hindu thought which informed much of his work. It explains his mystic undertones
>>
>>8668460
>pushing a conceptualization for something unnameable.

welcome to philosophy
>>
>>8665926
What exactly would compel someone to make that image?
>>
File: nervous doggos.jpg (88KB, 994x1012px) Image search: [Google]
nervous doggos.jpg
88KB, 994x1012px
That picture is exactly like the monologues I have in my mind before I go to sleep every night
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.