[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any well-known writers who are openly embarrassed of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1469671691137.png (7KB, 377x330px) Image search: [Google]
1469671691137.png
7KB, 377x330px
Are there any well-known writers who are openly embarrassed of their early works?
>>
>>8664338
must be right
>>
"Big Dick" Nick Land isn't really a fan of his earlier, vaguely-leftist work.
>>
>>8664338
DFW
>>
>>8664338
Are there any who openly aren't?
>>
All of them?

Do you think authors want some shitty poems and short stories they wrote when they were 15 to be included in their canon of complete works?
>>
Harold Bloom.
>>
>>8663515
Jack Kerouac
>>
Gogol self published his poetry when young and sold it then bought all the copies back and burnt them and that's the last we've seen them

I think Goethe of werther as well.
>>
>>8664338

Kafka was embarrassed by everything.
>>
>>8664338
Wittgenstein hated the Tractatus.

David Hume hated the Treatise on Human Nature.

Aristotle probably didn't like his youth works, which he wrote in dialog form following his master.

Kant obviously didn't like his pre-critical works, which he wrote while in his dogmatic slumber.

Frege probably felt embarrassed of his longlife project of founding arithmetic in logic, after Russel sent a letter to him showing there's a paradox in one of his axioms.

There's probably more, but on the top of my head these are the ones i can think of.
>>
>>8664510
lifelong project*
>>
>>8664363
which ones does he say he doesn't like?
>>
>>8664439
And he was right to be.
>and then my dad was eight feet tall and he told me he was fucking my girlfriend and then I drowned
>>
>>8664338
Stephen King outwardly hates most of his early work. Alan Moore too.
>>
Tolstoy kind of admitted that War & Peace sucked. Basically, he said it's just overlong tripe. He also called Nietzsche an absolute madman and dismissed opera as degenerate art. Such a /lit/ author that was
>>
>>8664338
Stephenson is embarassed about The Big U.

wasnt too bad imo
>>
>>8664338
Remarque said something about committing suicide over his first novel the dream room or something
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.