[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post the novel that turned you into a political/spiritual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 62812.jpg (10KB, 261x400px) Image search: [Google]
62812.jpg
10KB, 261x400px
ITT: Post the novel that turned you into a political/spiritual extremist that is willing to utilize violence

pic related
>>
>inb4 Catcher in the Rye
>>
>>8664203
Mein Kampf

I'm redpilled as fuck and the future of the white race is always on my mind.

Can't believe what women have done to the world
>>
>>8664209
>Not The Turner Diaries
Cuck
>>
>>8664209
I'm half-convinced it's just one guy who makes these posts in nearly every thread. You should get some sleep, man.
>>
>>8664239
>only one person can reject j-w-sh lies
cuck
>>
>>8664239
>'everyone is a brainwashed libcuck like me!!'
>>
>>8664203
You did read Decay of the Angel, right?
>>
>>8664264
Doesn't relativize the beauty and magnetizing conviction of Isao, or what are you trying to say?
>>
Your diary desu
>>
>>8664269
Isao's fascism is first and foremost reactionary anti-occidental and secondly anti-capitalist. It's also moderately homoeroticised- either inherently or by Honda. Is this what you want?
>>
>>8664244
>>8664255
Go to bed nigger
>>
Despite the overwhelming use of Buddhist theology, I preferred the Temple of Dawn. Hell, spring snow was more meaningful. That being said, runaway horses has a beautiful ending
>>
>>8664284
It isn't fascism.

>reactionary anti-occidental
Yes
>anti-capitalist
Yes
>moderately homoeroticised
Yes

Isao is somewhat mocked by Mishima himself, yet he remains his object of desire. What is lacking in your summary is the focus of the spiritual. Isao is depicted as a figure that lives in a mythology, just as with Kiyoaki, the influence of Nietzsche on Mishima is quite visible here. His obsession with purity and dedication to the emperor can not be properly summarized as reactionary. It is reactionary only in that is a return to the genuine spirituality that Mishima has been fascinated by all his life: The Spirituality of the Samurai, the way of sword and paper. I do not deny that this can be summarized as reactionary, but it goes beyond what is usually described as reactionary.

But yes to all of this. This is what i want. Just like Honda was in SoF#1 i'm a passive cuck though, fascinated and moved, but at a careful distance. But this could change... Also as a homosexual, i can't help but agree with Yourcenar, when she describes Mishima as a very fascinating representation of the enigma of the homosexual male. This is intuitive though and i would have to reread her book on Mishima, or the important passages, as to describe it in a way that makes sense to anybody but myself.
>>
Just because a book presents fascism as something sexy and is able to make compelling arguments for it doesn't mean you have to become a fascist. Fascism is notagoodthing exactly because it's so sexy and compelling.
>>
>>8664288
>Hell, spring snow was more meaningful

Springsnow = runaway horses > The Decay of the angel >>>>>> Temple of dawn

Temple of dawn's first half is like a fever dream, Honda, while a convincing and elaborate symbolical representation of a new japan, doesn't hold up as a main character, compared to Kiyoaki and Isao and the little princess remains (intentionally but still) rather uninteresting. It's engagement with Buddhism makes it a fascinating read, and it's equally fascinating to see how Mishima develops Honda and diagnoses the post-WW2 japanese society, but in terms of "meaning" it falls flat, by not providing a narrative that mediates any meaning. The Decay of the Angle has a much more interest dynamic playing out between the two protagonists and thus is a much more engaging, though also somewhat surreal read.

Not claiming any universal validity to what i just said, just how i perceived it.

>>8664306
Isao is not a fascist. Read more carefully.
>>
>>8664293
>>8664313
>isn't fascism
Fine. A bushido reactionary movement to undo the Meiji Restoration, return power to the Emperor as both godhead and autocrat, resinstall/purge the aristocracy, and tell the West to fuck off. Sure, not technically fascism.

>Spiritual
Isao's spirituality did affect me. His actions- as actions themselves away from the global context- did indeed have nobility. But I couldn't separate his actions visavis the world at large. It didn't make me want to take up the sword and go stab people so HRH Liz II can become God-Empress of the commonwealth and eventually the world, but there was something.

As I do with the alt-right, I do not agree with Isao. But I do see that ultimately the movement and the man are both filled with utopic ideals. And I respect that. Isao's death was extremely moving.

>>8664313
Spring snow was pretty great. Something something pure ideology on my part on being unable to step away from my own ideals when reading the book/
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.