[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there been any cases where a guy with a lot of ideas simply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Has there been any cases where a guy with a lot of ideas simply hire more talented writers to write for him while he simply outlines the plot?

like outsourcing writing fiction?

I know this happens with script writers for film.
>>
No because ideas are useless.

It's only happens on film because the idea is pre decided and usually shit
>>
>>8664019
yeah, but what if I write a plot summary and pay a good writer to write the book.
>>
>>8664005
James Patterson, but AFAIK only after he became a rich and famous hack.
>>
>>8664023
That doesnt happen because outlining a plot is easy.
>>
>>8664078
what if I have a good stem job and pay some starving college english major student to write the novel for me.

I have lots of ideas, better to have more talented people to write them.
>>
>>8664085
Everyone thinks they have lots of good ideas
>>
>>8664085
>I have lots of good ideas
I'm guessing they're for your completely unique sci-fi/fantasy epic that's unlike anything that's ever been in the genre before
>>
>>8664089
just curious if there has been any case where a guy pays other to write the novels for him.

just curious.

I know this happens in film, animation and videogames, even music.
>>
>>8664094
not really, more like historical dramas based on folk tales.
>>
>>8664098

Stop listening to these people.

Yes, it exists. Look up ghostwriting.
>>
>>8664256
thanks.
>>
>>8664005
JC got Mathew, Mark, Luke and John to write his ideas.
>>
It happens all the time. Has it produced any "great" or "immemorial" works? Probably not. I would think that typically the one who conceived the ideas has a stronger connection to them than someone just trying to make quick bucks churning out shit.
>>
>>8664005
It's very common in the mystery/thriller genre. anytime you see: written by Big Shot Writer and Lesser Known Writer, its usually based off outlines from the big shot writer. also Mickey Spillane and Alistair Maclean both had other writers complete their unpublished outlines posthumously. also Alexandre Dumas had writing partners who would give him plot outlines and rough drafts for him to fill in, the most famous one is the Count of Monte Crisco which was written off an outline by Auguste Maquet.
>>
>>8664294
The Count of Monte Crisco and The Three Musketeers were both written off outlines by August Maquet
>>
>>8664078
found the non writer
>>
Stan Lee (duh)
Also Franklin W. Dixon
just off the top of my head.
There are plenty of 'em
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.