[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i don't know if this belongs here, but when i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-10-27-14-12-32.png (410KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-27-14-12-32.png
410KB, 540x960px
So i don't know if this belongs here, but when i'm writing at my pc, my mind dissipates from my body. Is this some sort of thing which happens if you meditate?
I tried replicating it by meditating, but my mind was racing to fast for me to concentrate for it to work. Though i feel refreshed right now, no idea how long i was doing it.
>>
Oh yeah, book recommendations are welcome.
>>
>>8663843

I suspect what you're talking about is a "flow" state. This state is achievable through meditation but it does take work. If you meditate correctly (I would recommend concentration or "samatha" meditation) for 30 mins a day for a couple of months you should start noticing some results.
>>
>>8663862
Is it something other people experience? Mind you i don't often write, nor do i talk to a lot of people who do.
To be honest to myself i'd like to know if it's special, i'd like it to be so.
>>
>>8663869

I've experienced it in a number of different contexts. These include writing, long distance running and meditation. But out of these contexts, it is only meditation that gets to these kinds of states of mind intentionally. Writing and other ways of achieving a "flow" state do so as a kind of byproduct, but meditation is the training of the mind to achieve such a state at will. I believe it is a relatively common experience that people have in a wide variety of contexts, but in my experience meditation practice is the best way to explore these states of mind.
>>
>>8663843
>my mind dissipates from my body.
what does this means?
>>
>>8663881
Thanks, i have been reading threads about buddhism the past months and am mildly interested. I think i'll give it a shot.
Any recommendations about seating and what to concentrate on?
>>
>>8663892
I feel like my mind is seperated from my body, not as one, but as if my mind is above the body, and the body a tool used.
>>
>>8663893

Seating isn't all that important. The best thing to concentrate on is the breath. Every time you realise your attention has drifted from the breath just bring it back. Try not to overthink it and within a month or two you will have noticed some change and you will be able to do it more intuitively.
>>
File: Flow.jpg (28KB, 310x475px)
Flow.jpg
28KB, 310x475px
>>8663843

Maybe because you become less self-conscious and are able to better focus your
psychic energy [attention] on your immediate goals.

I would recommend pic related.
>>
>>8663903
Was in the bathroom on stoneplates which led my feet to fall asleep. I tdidn't even notice to which extent it was until i got up.
Also i had the weird sensation that i could cut off talking to myself, which returned shortly after ofcourse, but was substantially longer than if i tried to focus on my breathing. Is there an alternate form where you just are, without thinking at all?
>>8663904
Thanks, just read up a little on flow, seems like it's the kind of thing that happens. I'll maybe order the book, got a lot to read though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.