[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/ So I'm making a reading list for me and a friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1470876601806.jpg (1MB, 2299x1787px) Image search: [Google]
1470876601806.jpg
1MB, 2299x1787px
Hey /lit/

So I'm making a reading list for me and a friend of mine. The (relatively loose) theme is going to be "around the world". Classics, old books, contemporary ones, nonfiction, biographies, plays, all of it are fair game, really. Both of us are going to be bringing nominations to the table and then making a fairly concise list of about fifteen books to begin reading at the start of next year.

I want to include books that would maybe contribute to being a little more well read. Good/important European literature is really not all that tough to find (suggestions definitely still welcome though), but looking for works from Asia, Africa, and South America that fit the bill is tougher.

So yeah, tl;dr I need some /lit/-approved suggestions for literary works from all different corners of the world. I would appreciate the inclusion of some female authors too.

Thanks in advance guys
>>
File: The_Hollow_Men_book_cover (1).jpg (63KB, 251x400px) Image search: [Google]
The_Hollow_Men_book_cover (1).jpg
63KB, 251x400px
From NZ. I don't know if the interplay between politics and the SIGINT network are your thing. If they are, read this. Shit bricks.
>>
Sounds interesting, here's what I can suggest:

China: Journey to the West - Wu Cheng'en
Mongolia - The Secret History of the Mongols - Anonymous
India: Gitanjali - Rabindranath Tagore
Iraq: Epic of Gilgamesh - Anonymous
Syria: The Book of Contemplation: Islam and the Crusades - Usama ibn Munqidh
>>
the greeks
>>
File: 1457102731616.jpg (10KB, 208x260px) Image search: [Google]
1457102731616.jpg
10KB, 208x260px
>>8663186
About to move to NZ from US, nice to know that politics aren't much different.
>>
>>8663500
Which city?
Can we be friends?
>>
One hundred years of solitude by Garcia Marquez /from Colombia

Pedro Páramo by Juan Rulfo /from México

The invention of Morel by Adolfo Bioy Casares /from Argentina
>>
>>8663518
Christchurch
of course anon!
>>
>>8663532
I live there! My lit throwaway is [email protected]
>>
>>8663541
Let shave are ad?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.