[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the FUCK do I do once I graduate /lit/? I've studied

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: t6wSJkd.jpg (320KB, 1454x882px) Image search: [Google]
t6wSJkd.jpg
320KB, 1454x882px
What the FUCK do I do once I graduate /lit/? I've studied English and Political science at one of the best schools in the US, but I have absolutely no idea what to do with myself once I graduate this coming April. Do I go to law school, or do I find some consulting gig? Or marketing, or a government position? What on earth do I do?

I am interested to hear what other e/lit/ists do for work, and what they were thinking about doing upon leaving university.
>>
You are not your job.
>>
>>8662400
Profundity won't buy me a Ferrari
>>
>>8662396
As someone who went to law school, don't go. Just find a job doing something for more than min. wage. It doesn't matter what your undergrad degree was in, just apply to anything and everything. Emphasize work experience, time management experience, work ethic, just put yourself out there.

You want out of academia, especially in the current SJW thought police climate. Seriously, get a job, work, read, develop your freedom. Don't get suckered into more and more class, I wish I hadn't.
>>
>>8662412
Why? And what law school did you go to? Why aren't you a lawyer?
>>
>>8662412
I never said I was out yet, did I? I plan to practice and know what I want to do. I just often think of other paths I could have taken, and you asked for advice, so I gave it.

Studying law changes you in many ways, partly due to the doctrines you study, partly due to the way you're forced to study. It's not easy, it's grueling in fact. It forces every shred of creativity out of you and leaves you thinking in mechanical 'Issue, Rule, Application' mode for...literally everything.

I read books differently now, I consume media differently, I write differently.

That all might sound positive, but you give up a piece of yourself to do those things, and in retrospect it wasn't worth it. To each their own though.
>>
>>8662438
And for context, I have one semester left until the bar.
>>
I graduated about a year and a half ago. Top of my class from a respectable, but not top-tier, school, with a humanities degree. I split my time between reading, listening to music, shitposting, part-time cashier work, watching films, drinking more than I probably should, and applying to cushy government jobs that I don't particularly want but offer security. It's pretty comfy. I spent this past summer really fucking depressed though.
>>
>>8662404

Why do you need a Ferrari?

What do you want to do?
>>
Went to UVA. Studied my ass off to learn as much as I could about history and literature (english major, history minor. I didn't go in looking for some mad cash, I knew if that was the case then I'd have gone to brown when I got accepted and majored in law or economics.

If money is only going to validate you, you already fucked up.
>>
File: LfyMu2i.jpg (556KB, 1920x1200px)
LfyMu2i.jpg
556KB, 1920x1200px
>>8662562
What do you do now, then?
>>
>>8662396
Which school did you go to?
>>
File: top20.png (9KB, 340x359px)
top20.png
9KB, 340x359px
>>8663049
>>
>>8663061
>Not Harvard, Princeton or Stanford
not gonna make it, champ
>>
>>8663061
Breh, only people in Michigan cum over UM. You've got a degree that won't inhibit you but to anywhere outside the MI you're just another dude with a degree.
>>
>>8663063
Too expensive senpai
>>
>>8663073
That is absolutely not true - especially as a Canadian, any undergrad degree in the US they jizz over, and U of M is one of the most prestigious and recognized schools in North America.
>>
>>8663077
You need to up your e/lit/ism. Like would you accept degrees from places that aren't UT, Mcgill, or UBC?
>>
>>8663074
aid 10x better at rich ass private schools than state schools.

source i went to uchicago paying about 2k per year where sticker price is north of 70k by now
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.