[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone that owns this edition (Dalkey Archive Press) of The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 71NCMDhfzzL.jpg (225KB, 800x1238px) Image search: [Google]
71NCMDhfzzL.jpg
225KB, 800x1238px
Can anyone that owns this edition (Dalkey Archive Press) of The Recognitions please take a picture of the first or second page of text? The Atlantic Books edition my library carries has shit-tier printing, and if this editions any better I'm just buying it online (nowhere near me carries it). Any notes on the quality of the pages/cover page would be appreciated.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
It's a well constructed book.
>>
>>
this is nice marketing
>>
>>8661637
What the fuck is Atlantic books? I've never heard of them before. I have the black border penguin classics edition (probably out of print now but you might be able to find a used copy on amazon) and it's decent enough print-wise.
>>
>>
>>8661637
honestly, if you have an e-reader, recognitions is a pain to carry around
>>
Dalkey Archive are the best fucking publishers around tbqh. They publish the best authors and their books' quality is top notch - usually it's soft matte material, pages are pretty thick and durable. I have Murnane and Gass books from them. I also had Atlantic Books release of Gaddis but it isn't that bad, maybe just the page paper is a little shitty
>>
>>8661684
I like the intent behind Dalkey, and their print quality is decent, but some of their intros are terrible, especially anything by that cunt Rick Moody. Also it's annoying that their entire catalog isn't always available.
>>
>>8661660
>>8661662
>>8661668

You absolute beauty, thank you so much.

>>8661684
The problem I had with the Atlantic Books edition in my library was the ink looked almost smeared (like they had to much loaded).

>>8661709
I think the intro is by Gass.
>>
>>8661739
Bad luck, mine Atlantic one is pretty clear and crisp
>>
>>8661739
I know they use Gass's intro for this book, but I'm saying Moody has done a few others for Dalkey and his intros are always shit.
>>
got the JR dalkey archive edition. great paper and binding quality.
>>
>>8661637
I have it, but I do not own a camera and my cellphone broke. The copy I have is in pristine condition and I'm quite happy with it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.