[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of you out there who liked this book: why? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 830.jpg (51KB, 299x475px) Image search: [Google]
830.jpg
51KB, 299x475px
For those of you out there who liked this book: why?

I have never been more irritated by a novel in my life, it just completely rubbed me the wrong way with the writing style and it's edginess.
>>
>>8660306
It's pathetic, reddit-tier nonsense, on par with Ready Player One.
>>
>>8660306
Yes, both Snow Crash and Neuromancer are trash tier novels.
>>
>>8660306
I agree fucking terrible, and In hindsight I should have figured that out from the blurb mentioning a Japanese hacker who runs around with a katana. Though the worse parts didn't even involve him, it was the edgy 15 year old who kept a spike in her vagina in case she got raped what? Also hard to keep track of what was happening in the Meta and what was happening in the real, really convoluted ending I thought.

The only bits I even slightly enjoyed were the references to ancient Mesopotamian cultures and trying to tie that in, but when in conjunction to modern religion 'All religion is a lie' talk it just felt edgy.
>>
It's sort of the literary equivalent of a self-aware B-movie.
>>
>>8660306

It's fun.
>>
>>8660306
Read it when I was dumber. Liked it because it was like a super cheesy action movie, with some interesting mesopotamian references thrown in. If you expect a stupid, non-serious book, it delivers on that.
>>
The things I liked were Mesopotamian virus thing and the parts of the setting that managed to be cool despite of being pants-on-head retarded. Yeah, the characters are in-your-face silly and the plot is clumsy, but for a certain kind of sci-fi reader (can hear you say "FUCKING PLEBS!!1") one cool idea goes a long way to excuse shitty writing. Did you read any other Stephenson's novels? Did you like them?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.