[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in the absurd world the value of a notion or of a life is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-10-18-04-35-39.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-18-04-35-39.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>in the absurd world the value of a notion or of a life is measured by its sterility

What did camus mean by this?
>>
seems interesting i guess. bump
>>
Another mildly related question from op here.
Its 2:40 am here and i want to have some sort of conclusion before going to bed because im on pg 69 and i know i wont finish the rest of the essay tonight. Should i just skip to the last part where camus tells the story of sisphus and then read the essay on some later day?
>>
>>8659635
Hmmm. Really makes you think. :)
>>
>>8659631
Any more context?

'In the absurd world', does this mean he is saying, 'the world is absurd', and in it, the value of a notion or of a life is measured by its sterility?

It is an interesting statement.

It seems, there is a realization, that value of a notion or life is measured by its sterility (sterility, is cleanliness, or inability to produce children), so either it is meant, ideas and people that are neat and tidy and sharp and clean, or notions, ideas are valued which maybe are not full of other ideas, because everything is ultra defined and definite, breaking everything down to the simplest forms:

And then the situation is, does he take this observation, of the potential value of things and say, because these things are valued, the world is absurd,

Or is he saying, the world is absurd, so these things are valued?

Is he saying value of a notion or of a life depending on sterility is absurd?
>>
>>8659736
The last three statements can all be true simultaneously, with that in mind I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>8659631
Oh I think what he was saying is that, in an absurd world, chaotic, confusing, illusions, mysteries, etc. That which is of value is knowledge, sterile facts, sharp and sensible people and notions, which distance themselves from aforementioned, clarity,
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.