[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should all students be subjected to a great books/liberal education

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1473434549771.png (81KB, 400x397px) Image search: [Google]
1473434549771.png
81KB, 400x397px
should all students be subjected to a great books/liberal education when young (say 13-18) where they read the major works of both the east and west and the learn languages from there (up until reading proficiency)?
>>
>>8655535
i should add that it isn't specific to literature but includes sciences, philosophy, history, mathematics, and such but dealing with great books rather than textbooks (say reading elements rather than a geometric textbook)
>>
>>8655535
You are asking board that thinks reading something written by a woman or a black person is equivalent to having their girlfriends mounted by big-dicked Africans.

The answer you'll get is this: cuck globalism multicultural cuck leftist brainwashing white pride before white genocide nonwhites are simply inferior take the redpill

In short: 'no'
>>
if english was good enough for Christ our Savior, why should children need anything else?
>>
>>8655597
great books education is a conservative thing though
>>
>>8655624
But the only books that have merit are by white men written in English, French, Russian, and German.

So keep your cuck shit to yourself
>>
>>8655641
Please stop

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_books

Practically all of the authors on the traditional Great books list are Western males.
>>
>>8655641
wops owned hard
>>
>>8655647
Yes. Which is why the OP shouldn't try to brainwash kids to reading women and nonwhites. They simply have no merit
>>
>>8655641
2666 has merit.
>>
>>8655655
They literally don't but I'm not seeing where he said they should read irrelevant female works. He mentioned Eastern probably to include Confucius and Sun Tzu and the Indian classics.
>>
>>8655671
>pagan shit
>>
>>8655671
They shouldn't read pathetic muh feels gook shit.

Stick to the white man that's been tried and tested for milennia
>>
>>8655535
to increase critical thinking, self awareness and personal efficacy I think the most important subject would be psychology.

13 would be a good time for kids to learn about the principles behind how we learn, cognition, and mental illness. As well freud should be breached a little bit because this is when sex ed also usually begins as well.

We only touched briefly on freud in my english class, but we discussed some tenants of psychology when we went over A clockwork orange.

The next subject important for anyone would also be philosophy.
16-18 would be good for this when students generally can handle better symbolic, abstract, and metaphorical thought.
But philosophy is important to argumentation, and critical thinking. THis would also be a good time to introduce kids to the philosophy behind writing as well by having kids read Edgar Allen Poes essay on good writing, and several of Montaignes essays.
>>
>>8655689
also note that many onsets for severe mental illness usually sets in early to mid twenties.

and usually their first break is really when they start learning about their disorder.

also of note since theres is increasing SJW tenants in schools like safe spaces, and trauma informed practises (i.e. avoiding triggers etc.)
it would also be good to teacvh children about psychological first aid as well, becuase this is when depression and suicidal tendies tend to surface as well.

I don't know how it is in other countries, but by and large the american population is fucking clueless and often falls back on stereotypes when taking about mental health.
>>
>>8655535
language learning is best done in primary school
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.