[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Josef Stalin was the most /lit/ world leader of the 20th century.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1411397839001.jpg (82KB, 530x574px) Image search: [Google]
1411397839001.jpg
82KB, 530x574px
Josef Stalin was the most /lit/ world leader of the 20th century. Here re some of his poems (translated of course) which are still considered minor classics in Georgia irrespective of their author (they were published anonymously)

Sail on, as tirelessly as ever,
Above an earth obscured by clouds,
And with your shining glow of silver
Dispel the fog that now abounds.

With languor, bend your lovely neck,
Lean down to earth with tender smile.
Sing lullabies to Mount Kazbek,
Whose glaciers reach for you on high.

But know for certain, he who had
Once been oppressed and cast below,
Can scale the heights of Mount Mtatsminda,
Exalted by undying hope.

Shine on, up in the darkened sky,
Frolic and play with pallid rays,
And, as before, with even light,
Illuminate my fatherland.

I’ll bare my breast to you, extend
My arm in joyous greeting, too.
My spirit trembling, once again
I’ll glimpse before me the bright moon.

Iveria, No. 123 (1895)

He knocked on strangers’ doors,
Going from house to house,
With an old oaken panduri
And that simple song of his.

But in his song, his song—
Pure as the sun’s own gleam—
Resounded a truth profound,
Resounded a lofty dream.

Hearts that had turned to stone
Were made to beat once more;
In many, he’d rouse a mind
That slumbered in deepest murk.

But instead of the laurels he’d earned,
The people of his land
Fed the outcast poison,
Placing a cup in his hand.

They told him: “Damned one, you must
Drink it, drain the cup dry…
Your song is foreign to us,
We prefer to live in a lie!”

Iveria, no. 218 (1895)

The bud has blossomed; now the rose
Touches the tender violet.
The lily, bent above the grass
By gentle breezes, slumbers not.

The lark, signing its chirping hymn,
Soars high above the clouds;
Meanwhile, the nightingale intones
With sweet, mellifluous sounds:

“Break forth in bloom, Iberian land!
Let joy within you reign.
While you must study, little friend,
And please your motherland!”

Iveria, no. 280 (1895)

He worked as a Platonic philosopher king and selectively censored poetry to keep plebshit out of the schools. He didn't even want the fact that he wrote these poems to be revealed because he didn't feel they were up to par. He loved reading Shakespeare, Byron and Pushkin and he frequently requested meetings of Georgian scholars of poetry, in particular the Georgian national epic, to debate with him. He didn't even gulag them for disagreeing with him, such was his respect for non-pleb literature.
>>
>>8654723
>He didn't even gulag them for disagreeing with him, such was his respect for non-pleb literature.

and we should praise him for this
>>
>BBBUT MUH CULT OF PERSONALITY!!!

Stalin did not make such a thing nor did he want it.

>I am decidedly against the publication of Tales of Stalin’s Childhood.

>The book teems with a mass of factual inaccuracies, distortions, exaggerations, and undue praise. The author was led astray by hunters of fairy tales, fibbers (though perhaps “conscientious” fibbers), and bootlickers. I pity the author, but facts are facts.

>But that isn’t the main point. The main point is that this book has a tendency to plant the cult of the chief’s, the infallible hero’s personality in the consciousness of Soviet children (and of people in general). This is dangerous, harmful. The theory of “heroes” and the “crowd” is not a Bolshevik, but an SR theory. Heroes make the people, transform them from a crowd into a people—say the SRs. The people make heroes—the Bolsheviks reply to the SRs. This book adds grist to the SRs’ mill. Any such book will add grist to the SRs’ mill, will harm our common Bolshevik cause.

>I advise you to burn the book.

>J. Stalin, 1938

As you can see Stalin was opposed to building the cult of personality and only allowed it to happen during the great patriotic war because he felt it helped the war effort.
>>
>>8654723
True. The comrade we needed but not the comrade we deserved.
>>
Stalins /lit/ness is making me think differently of him

What the fuck? One of the single most cold-hearted men of the 20th century, who killed and prosecuted millions, was patrician as fuck.

Weird world we live in.
>>
File: 1440780011130.png (103KB, 763x768px) Image search: [Google]
1440780011130.png
103KB, 763x768px
>>8655381
Uncle Joe wasn't that bad, Cold War prop needed a new Hitler so they blew him and Big Bro Mao especially way out of proportion. Not that he didn't bring the hammer down, mind you.
>>
>>8654723
These poems are trash
>>
>>8655381
Stalin, like Robespierre before him, understood that he needed to do a lot of evil so the people wouldn't have to. Zarathustran desu
>>
Commies fuck off
>>
File: 1465634036312.jpg (86KB, 800x950px) Image search: [Google]
1465634036312.jpg
86KB, 800x950px
>>8655483
'nyet'
>>
>>8654723
Aparently, he liked Master and Margheritta so much he even let Bulgakov escape the banhammer.
>>
>>8655407
Lenin actually kept a copy of Zarathustra in his office. He didn't have many books, and it was the only banned book in the USSR (keeping in mind that he was the one who banned it) that he kept a copy of. Though there is no proofs, it's pretty reasonable to assume Stalin also read some of Nietzsche's work.

Marxism-Leninism in general had significant Nietzschian undertones with the whole idea of the vanguard party acting as a class of value creators, ect. A misinterpretation and appropriation maybe, but the influence is there.

>>8655392
Stailn was published unlike 99% of the plebs on /lit/, and he was published long before he was in any position of power. In fact he once used his fame as a poet to get himself into a bank that he robbed since that was his original role in the Bolshevik party, he robbed trains and banks and was pretty good at it.

Lenin was only afraid of him cause he was a little bitch, Stalin was one radical dude.
>>
Are there any books of his poetry?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.