[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The history of women is the history of the worst form of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: oscar-wilde.jpg (61KB, 640x704px) Image search: [Google]
oscar-wilde.jpg
61KB, 640x704px
>The history of women is the history of the worst form of tyranny the world has ever known. The tyranny of the weak over the strong. It is the only tyranny that lasts.

What did Wilde mean by this?
>>
>>8654377
That he likes cock
>>
>>8654387
/thread
>>
File: dorian.jpg (365KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
dorian.jpg
365KB, 1600x1067px
>>8654377
That he likes boipussi obviously.
>>
>>8654377
Women are the Jews of the sexes
>>
I want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding. He does mean women are the weaker, right?
>>
>>8654415
Physically, yes; but said weakness is what makes them more vicious than men
>>
Wilde meant to depict a rather arrogant poseur who says comical and wildly over the top bon mots to maintain his (Wilde and his character's) reputation for being shocking.
>>
>>8654377

Sort of off topic, but I just read The Ballad of Reading Gaol, and holy shit it is a top tier poem.
>>
>>8654377
That he wanted to get laid.
>>
>>8654413

women are the niggers of the sexes
>>
Wilde was a Nietzschean who never read Nietzsche. The parallels between their thought are very interesting.
>>
>>8654896
Its called being redpilled

>>8654892
Nope, that is the tranny
>>
That if you just invert a commonplace saying or belief and make it sound flippant then you come off as very witty.

I love Wolfe's work but there are a lot of times that he's just being 'decadent'. If he hadn't said this, it would never be read.
>>
>>8656018
He seemed to love coming up with aphorisms involving some sort of twist.

>There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

>I can believe anything as long as it is incredible.

>There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
>>
File: You.jpg (121KB, 862x960px)
You.jpg
121KB, 862x960px
>>8654896

Said someone who's read neither.

Nietzsche, like Schopenhauer, is constantly misread as having had something against women.
>>
It's also interesting that in De Profundis, Wilde renounced the hedonism he's so famed for.
>>
File: 35345.png (497KB, 781x690px) Image search: [Google]
35345.png
497KB, 781x690px
>>8654377
That "masculine" ideals were and are borne out of the minds of women, thus creating a feminized society through the guise of attaining masculinity.
>>
to many guys put the pussy on the pedestal.
>>
>>8656035
hahahahaa the school of life
>>
>>8656038
He converted to Catholicism before he died
>>
>>8654377
It means he only had eyes for the D, so he didn't got distracted by the mischievous trickery of the evil vagina.
The big N man tried to warn us too, but we didn't listen. Now we have the society we deserve.
>>
>>8656035
It's not like Nietzsche (I haven't read Schopenhauer) had something against women, but more like he had strong impression about them that doesn't really hold that well in today's world. Anyways, in "beyond good and evil" he makes a brief excuse before he starts talking about women, almost like he knew he didn't knew jack shit about women and was just shitposting about it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.