[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, I'm having a debate right now with my dad about how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-10-23-22-53-04.png (271KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-23-22-53-04.png
271KB, 800x480px
Hello, I'm having a debate right now with my dad about how self-improvement is so important, and not letting yourself go about what colour your skin had when you were born, I know what he says it's true and it's the main thing in this world but I like history and I know how different races have had different opportunities and that's what the media has taught me, what I want is history resources so I can fully understand how Africans have come from different environments and some would say tougher ones, I want to read about why the white person is more beneficiated by current society and black people isnt (just to have a wild guest on the subject) I want something objective that shows the truth, historical truth.
>>
Picture not related
>>
Should I post this in /pol/ instead?
>>
Start with James Baldwin's books, he's probably the most important black literary scholar of the 20th century.

Also read Chinua Achebe's "Things Fall Apart" for an introduction to postcolonial literature.
>>
>History
>Truth

Pick one
>>
>>8654013
Meme?
>>
>>8653982
And also read Heart of Darkness right after
>>
>>8653947
why? also you are horrible at english
>>
they are aware of whats important in this day and age

if you arent goodlooking you are pretty much a useless subhuman.

an ig fit female "model" has 10 times more worth than a retard that wasted a year of reading shakespeare
>>
>>8653947

So you just want something that confirms your belief that you are a failure because you are black but not since blacks are inferior but because whitey is mean?
>>
I went to Manhattan for a trip, liked the cultural amplitude of it, and realized how in a McDonald's in Queens there were plenty of people with black coloured skin, which is supposed to be a proletariat borough, i could tell, anyhow, no need for propaganda to make me biased, and also a group of 5 fellows were walking besides me in a «strange» way, where they told me if I would buy their CD, for a contribution, I said I didn't have anything, for which they responded "anything you got" I gave them a quarter and a few crnts, they singed it for me and I went on my way with a reminder from the streets of NY. Why I tell this you may ask, well I played that record today while my dad were listening and I said "yes this guy's know their stuff" or something around those lines, in my native language, he immediately gave me some reasons why street knowledge is not something that make you a better person in some way that's what I understood now that I think of it, I endup arguing about how black people had it tougher and he says that if you think about it now black people are the one that apply racism and that if you wanna be a better human being you just gotta do it, no matter what the colour is, and I said this people rap about crime and hard life because that's what they live, it's not their faults ( I don't wanna say that you should Rob or kill because you're black all I'm saying is it is culture, I don't agree with it myself and may be just be a white boy being entertained by society's misbehabiours) but it's historycal, morals are and ethics are part of evolution ill say this some people may say if you wanna do it you'll just do it, but there could be the need for it but there's social impulse, and there's a reason why there's more black people that rob, and it's not because they had it easier.
>>
>>8653947
you want objective truth but start with a false premise?
>>
>>8654288
Can you please elaborate?
>>
>>8654307
>white person is more beneficiated by current society
White person was likely to be a benefactor in the past and only in selective countries. also since it was the past being a benefactor then is like being north korean elite, yes comparatively to the time they did better but even in their wet dreams they could not picture the good life of the modern middle class. also let as not forget class divide of money and how a rich foreigner none white could lord over whites if he had enough money. its also pointless to seek faraway origins since they are often as diluted as memories from pangea
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.