[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: New Reader Thread I started "seriously" reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

ITT: New Reader Thread

I started "seriously" reading at the start of this year (thank you /lit/) and have so far read:

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cat's Cradle
The Catcher in the Rye
A Confederacy of Dunces
Fahrenheit 451
Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72
The Great Gatsby
The Greatest Comeback: How Richard Nixon Rose from Defeat to Create the New Majority
Holy Bible (KJV)
The Iliad
Moby Dick
Of Mice and Men
Pride and Prejudice
The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea
Siddhartha
Slaughterhouse-Five
Steppenwolf
The Stranger

I got most of these from the charts on /lit/. My favorites are Moby Dick and the two Hesse books, Steppenwolf and Siddhartha. Any and all recommendations are welcome as I just finished Cat's Cradle (which I didn't enjoy very much to be honest, I liked Slaughterhouse-Five a lot more) and haven't started a new book yet.
>>
>>8651902
>Moby Dick

As if you understood any of it...
>>
>>8651902
Read Middlemarch
and Ovid's Metamorphoses
>>
>>8651902
Did you have a question?
>>
>>8651910
Sure, have any recommendations?
>>
>>8651906
Pretty sure I did. The book isn't that obtuse, especially when you know the few Biblical references, etc.

>>8651907
Cool suggestions, thanks!
>>
>>8651917
I recommend my cock down your throat.
>>
>>8651939
Noice.
>>
Read Wuthering Heights.
>>
Try some Dostoevsky with either Crime and Punishment or Notes From Underground.
>>
>>8651902
>Holy Bible (KJV)
don't. i hate to have to repeat this every thread but the king james bible is a protestant bible, which makes it trash. if you want ye olden speak, go for the douay-rheims.
>>
>>8651988
>Implying the spirituality of Quakers and their descendants isn't sublime.
>>
>>8651993
were the quakers responsible for the king james bible?
>>
>>8651902
Woolf
>To the Lighthouse
>Mrs. Dalloway
>Orlando
>The Waves
Faulkner
>As I Lay Dying
>The Sound and the Fury
>Absalom, Absalom!
>Light in August
Dostoyevsky
>Crime and Punishment
>The Idiot
>Demons
>Brothers Karamazov
>>
>>8652007
they were protestants
>>
Catch 22
>>
File: TWPoet.jpg (41KB, 570x484px) Image search: [Google]
TWPoet.jpg
41KB, 570x484px
That just about sounds like what I read during my latter years in high school.
>>
File: IMG_1657.jpg (41KB, 373x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1657.jpg
41KB, 373x550px
>>8652144
Haha sick burn! How will OP ever recover!?
>>
>>8652742
I don't think he will
>>
>>8651902
well done laddo
>>
>>8651902
Not trying to be mean, but most of these are literally high school tier. Keep reading the greeks, then the romans
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.