[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished Wuthering Heights, what does /lit/ think of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: wuthering-heights.jpg (38KB, 300x475px) Image search: [Google]
wuthering-heights.jpg
38KB, 300x475px
Just finished Wuthering Heights, what does /lit/ think of it? Personally I really enjoyed it.
>>
It's shit, like all books by women.
>>
>>8650797
not as good as steinbeck. read him instead.
>>
>>8650995
>steinbeck
Steinbeck is trash.
>>
People need to show some respect for the greatest novel of all time.
>>
>>8651028
>steinbeck
>trash
no wonder you liked Wuthering Heights, you faggot.
>>
>>8651904
The Grapes of Wrath is overrated garbage with little substance.
>>
>>8651909
Yeah it is. East of Eden is what Grapes should have been. The Pearl is great as well.
>>
>>8651916
I loved The Pearl, though I don't remember much of it since I read it when I was 12.
>>
>>8651909
Grapes of Wrath was just commie stuff. wasn't THAT bad.
>>
>>8651028
>Steinbeck is trash.

Where is the lie?
>>
>>8651916
I've only really judged Steinbeck by Grapes, maybe I'll give some of his other work a chance sometime.

Wuthering Heights is still great though.
>>
>all these plebs who haven't read Cannery Row
>>
Christ, /lit/ really is terrible now.
>>
>>8650797
I actually liked it even though it is chick lit. It is dark and heathcliff is fucked up enough to be interesting.
>>
I don't know if women are good writers or not.
I just don't read them because
a They think I owe them
b I don't owe them anything
c I'm perfectly happy reading men. They're pretty good at writing. I don't need women.
>>
>>8652757
I hear ya, pal, but you're missing out; Wuthering Heights is a tremendous novel, and has a lot of content that, were the writer not female, might have been too redpilled for her to get away with. Just have a swig, son.
>>
>>8651904
Yes, because he had good taste
>>
>>8652757
Yeah, l'm sure women like the Brontës and Flannery O'Connor were as entitled as modern (((feminist))) writers, you fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1476645856002.jpg (12KB, 277x350px) Image search: [Google]
1476645856002.jpg
12KB, 277x350px
>>8651909
>>
>>8652563
Make the board a better place then.
>>
>>8652757
Emily Bronte has been dead for nearly 200 years, I doubt she thinks you owe her anything.
>>
>>8652747
How is it chick lit? There was some romance sure, but it never felt like something women would want to self insert into.
>>
>>8654052
>Emily Bronte has been dead for nearly 200 years, I doubt she thinks you owe her anything.

she was probably an uppity cunt back in the day
no need to reward her for being dead
as far as I'm concerned its like she never even existed
>>
>>8654153
Be sure to stick to that philosophy and you'll avoid a lot of shit tier artists, such as Wagner and Brahms.
>>
>>8654153
She was a hermit whose only friends were her siblings.
>>
Why did Catherine 2 love Linton when he was such a massive beta?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.