[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Bob Dylan doesn't even want this fucking prize all of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

So Bob Dylan doesn't even want this fucking prize all of you are so butthurt about him receiving. And now all these literature fans are all pissed off he doesn't think this stupid award is even worth mentioning when all of them were crapping their pants about it.

Bob Dylan is truly far above any poet or author.
>>
He should have all the other prizes too
>>
>>8650212
i really don't care.
>>
>>8650212
this thread is a fantastic contribution to the shit sandwich of /lit/'s current state. congratulations on being a prime example of the degeneration of literary fulfillment and community.
>>
>>8650239
I t-t-totally don't c-care
>>
>>8650239
You sound like the guy raging about his ex, while drowning a bottle of whiskey and yelling that you totally are over her and don't give a damn

And fuck anyone who tells you you aren't over her

Fuck them
>>
>>8650270
>>8650254
yeah, whatever. but all i'm interested in is the /lit/ top 100 and cool memes like zizek and stirner.
>>
If Obama can have the peace prize Bob Dylan can have the literature prize.
>>
File: 34564232654.jpg (13KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
34564232654.jpg
13KB, 216x233px
>tfw no tambourine man to sing me a song
>>
>>8650212
lol they should have just manned up and given it to Pynchon, at least then they could have taken solace in the fact that it was a notably reclusive literary titan blowing them off and not some gauche baby boomer hand waving nominee

American's are just 2fc for school when it comes to this crappy prize lmfbo
>>
>>8650212
Dylan just doesnt want to receive a nobel from an academy that just want to use him to get attention from the masses.
>>
>>8650325
lol I forgot all about that too, haha

Bob Dylan is a notably inferior folk musician when compared to Lead Belly or Woody Guthrie and notably lousy rock musician when compared to that genre's baseline -- his only good track ever was Visions of Johana

and the only people who care about him getting this stupid award or his reaction to it are the same sort of spergs who gas on and on about trivial spelling errors and think T. G. Gatsby is a highwater mark for literature
>>
>>8650254
The way you wrote that makes it sound more like a stutter than someone who's upset.
>>
The Nobel Prize became shit when Joyce didn't win it.
>>
>>8650441
They didn't expect him to die relatively young, probably.
>>
>>8650441
THIS AND TOLSTOY
FUCK THE NOBEL REE
>>
>>8650212
Until you faggots give it up with the meming and the hate, this board is never going to have a worthwhile discussion again.

>inb4 >4chan

Lay in your shit if you must, but sooner or later those of us with something to contribute will find a new place to perch.

/lit/ and /mu/ are more or less just 2nd rate subreddits at this point. All we need is forum-style post counts so we can adequately judge how high we've heaped this shit-pile.
>>
Bob Dylan has always been reserved and never wanted to become an icon of something. The Nobel Committee, by giving him their stupid prize, basically gave him the finger.
>>
File: 1430893987454.jpg (14KB, 320x308px)
1430893987454.jpg
14KB, 320x308px
>>8650212
>mfw the nobel committee did this just to meet bob dylan
>mfw he's not going to respond or show up for their ceremony
>mfw they're already starting to get in a huff about it

I bet they're checking their rules to see if they can rescind an award.
>>
Before making fools of themselves by awarding the Nobel prize for literature to Bob Dylan, the Nobel committee should have taken into account the experience of St Andrews University, which in 2004 made the songster a Doctor of Music for “his outstanding contribution to musical and literary culture”.

Arriving with his entourage 50 minutes into a 90-minute ceremony, Dylan sat glassy-eyed on the stage, yawning occasionally as the speaker burbled on about how his music “moved everything on to a place it never expected to go and left the deepest imprint on human consciousness”, even comparing him to Pablo Picasso. After which, ignoring the university choir and its rendition of Blowin’ in the Wind, and without a word of thanks or farewell, the new doctor and his train left the building.
>>
File: Vivec.png (23KB, 539x465px)
Vivec.png
23KB, 539x465px
>>8650212
I think perhaps Bob Dylan should be on the Nobel Prize committee.

Clearly he has more of an idea of who is deserving of one than they do.
>>
WHY DOES HE WIN SO MANY AWARDS
IS IT BEING JEWISH?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_5uknsonOM
>>
>>8651114
It poses an interesting question - should one consider a writers ability in "awardreception"?
Is it really in the spirit of nobels " ideal direction" to not acknowledge, accept and be happy about be honour?
Did the academy talk this over?

How stained is the prize because of what saetre did? What if this becomes the new norm?
And what about dylan? Is he some spergy edgy saetre/pynchon-wannabe? Is he disrepressed? What kind of artist performs silly subpoetic folklyrics aimed to the masses but does not indulge in the very recognition of this? Cant hide in the shadows because youre always in the spotlight.
>>
File: purely stop.png (95KB, 233x255px)
purely stop.png
95KB, 233x255px
>>8651314
>medal of freedom
Murrikans ruined that word. It's a fucking commodity for them.
>>
>>8650411
You made me realize that pinecone is definitely not going to get it now. They're not gonna go through this twice willingly.
>>
>>8652396
Dylan or pynchon, who deresves it the most?

Imho bob, pynchon is a tryhard edgelord writing for the pseudointellectuals who only sees the culture in absolutites, patricians or plebs, and loves phony lengthy prose that is just a waste of paper. Dylan isnt mutsh better but he dosnt cut trees down, he sings.
>>
>>8650435
This post just reeks of a ridiculous superiority complex. Literally kys
>>
>>8651114
That's called being an artist in the middle of a mundane cocktail party.
>>
>>8650212
There's literally only two people on the planet that actually deserve that prize; both of them are American, and neither of them won, and probably never will either.
>>
>>8652604
Lol.
>>
File: nopenotanargumenthere.jpg (230KB, 598x792px) Image search: [Google]
nopenotanargumenthere.jpg
230KB, 598x792px
>>8652608
>>
>>8650212

Bitches need to stop looking for external validation through awards. They're like a drug trip: fun in the moment, but ultimately unfulfilling after the high wears off.
>>
>>8652604
Go read some Adonis you disgusting pleb.
>>
>>8652637
Drugs are a hundred times better than awards, wtf are you on about.
>>
>>8652638
>token diamond in a sea of shit and a culture that hates literature

You really showed me. But yeah of course, he'll probably win, he's after all a non-white that can write, that's probably 5000 diversity points right there.
>>
>>8652640

Well, yes, the high of a drug trip lasts longer, but doing coke and getting a trophy are ultimately highs that don't give you any long-term satisfaction or aid your personal growth. The only meaningful difference between winning an award and snorting a line off a hooker's ass is that one is legal.
>>
File: 1455644781223.png (131KB, 357x503px)
1455644781223.png
131KB, 357x503px
>>8650212
May be Bob Dylan is aware that the Swedish only awarded him in order to stay relevant because nobody gives a fuck about the Literature Nobel Prize anymore once people associate the prize with politics whatsoever.
He probably doesn't want to play along with such attention whores. And most likely he doesn't need the money either.
>>
>>8652604
Roth and Pynchon?

Why not Adunis or, like, Gerald Murnane? Salman Rushdie isn't dead yet, either.
>>
>>8652651
Well given the low bar that is now set for winning the Nobel Prize I guess any of those could win.
>>
>>8652644
Ok ignatius, calm down
>>
Do you think Dylan's "Ballad of a Thin Man" sums up how he feels about the Nobels?
>>
File: nestpasunargument.jpg (17KB, 720x533px) Image search: [Google]
nestpasunargument.jpg
17KB, 720x533px
>>8652666
>>
>>8651114
Based Bob giving nostalgic baby boomers the treatment they deserve.

They should really know better, though. Didn't he literally write a song about how much he hated an award ceremony?
>>
>>8652669
Argument to what ? Your diversity points ? Putain d'américain.
>>
>>8652645
>he doesn't snort lines off his awards
>he doesn't use said awards as sex toys with hookers while snorting more lines
Fucking capital-p Pleb.
>>
>>8650435
This post made me gag.
>his only good track ever was Visions of Johana
aka I heard this song was good, I don't get it but it's the best sounding one to say when I need to go on the Internet and write off all his songs while still sounding like I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>8650380
>no sad eyed lady of the low lands
>no visions of Johanna to keep you up past the dawn
>no times that are a-changing
>no answers blowing in the wind
>no Ezra Pound and T.S. Elliot fighting in the Captain's tower
>>
What's /lit/'s favorite peom of his?
>>
>>8653902
If you mean songs with good lyrics:
>Desolation Row
>It's Alright Ma
>Sad Eyed Lady of the Low Lands
>Girl from the North Country
>Bob Dylan's 115th Dream
>Song to Woody
>Mr Tambourine Man

In no particular order
>>
>>8653935
Very original list you got there. I can tell you are smart. Can you tell I'm smart? My favorite movies are 2001, Ciizen Kane, and Vertigo.
>>
>>8653688
All these things are happening every single day, that's exactly why his songs are so famous.
>>
File: 1475795520443.png (533KB, 1098x797px)
1475795520443.png
533KB, 1098x797px
>>8650435
i mean its fine if you aren't a huge bob dylan fan but really come off it.
>>
>>8654735
I'm also smart. My favorite book is Ulysses
>>
>>8650435
Bob Dylan played Guthrie a few songs while Guthrie was in the hospital and Guthrie was said to love them y'know.
>>
>>8654818
>thinking that liking ulysses makes you smart
Come back when you've read Infinite Jest
>>
>>8653902
Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.