[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't read fiction books. I find it useless for writing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 5446464.png (269KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
5446464.png
269KB, 500x281px
I don't read fiction books. I find it useless for writing.

What do you learn from those? They're basically stories constructed over world inspiration itself.

Reading a story leaves you with a deformed vision of the world. Reading about the world itself makes you able to write deformed stories about it.
>>
Good for you my mate!
>>
>>8650065
>it's another weab thinks he's intelligent episode
>>
>>8650065
Then, what is anime?
>>
>>8650065
t. Plato
>>
>>8650075
prove me wrong then! I bet most renowned writers don't read fiction books as much as they read about true material... and you know why, it's because for writing purposes, you can't write based on others stories: that's called hidden plagiarism and essentially bullshit.

I'm not debating it as an entertainment thing, which is valid. But don't go into your friends talling him you're going to write the next best seller just becasue you have read the last trend book!
>>
>>8650096
>prove me wrong then!
Seems like you want to be proven wrong, otherwise why would you make a thread like this? I think deep down you want to read fiction, but your edgy youthful maximalism pushes you to think that every second spent on literature must derive some practical value, in the same vein as watching japanese hentais allows you to ejaculate.
Just read a fucking book, autismo
>>
>>8650120
Ha! Ba-ka! You didn't prove shit!

>to think that every second spent on literature must derive some practical value

No, you asperger. I said for writing purposes. Ofc you can read whatever you want if you feel like it. But, here, I'm arguing about the practical.

Ok, doneto.
>>
>>8650065
The same that artists learn from other artists' paintings. They know they need to be inspired by the real world, but the way each artist represents it helps in understanding it better.

By watching modeled and stilyzed versions of the real world, you learn about what is important and what has to be left out. It is the basic rule of arts.
>>
>>8650065
>not wanting a super-deformed world view.
>>
>>8650154
So... you only should ever read if you're a writer?
>>
>>8650065

Well you need a standard to measure yourself against when writing prose. Fiction tends to be better for this purpose as far as it is written by "literary" authors.

Non-fiction prose can be "journalistic" (some journalists care about prose but surely not the majority), or "academic". Better watching raw footage on youtube if you don't like fiction. But then, how do learn to write?
>>
>>8650198
y tho
>>
File: rn92A18.jpg (193KB, 1020x674px)
rn92A18.jpg
193KB, 1020x674px
>>8650065
You might want to read basically anything about non-fiction and history as constructs. There is no such thing as a perfect "true" non-deformed rendering of the world, nor an objective account of history. Even if only by focus and exclusion, all information is biased and limited. You're making a distinction that gives you unwarranted confidence in your preferred reading material, but you might actually be better off reading fiction--at least then you'd remember not to trust it without finding other perspectives and texts.
>>
>>8650065
Reading fiction is for non-Utilitarian-autismos who realize that not everything they do has to be in benefit of larger society and who realize that reading can be intensely pleasurable once you've been doing it for awhile

If you literally can't into reading for pleasure and you can't get past the rut of "this is useless and I don't get it", you can always go back to your instruction manuals and philosophical texts
>>
>>8650065
you learn which structures sell well and what deformed stories are a boring read. you learn to mix elements instead of pretending you are not plagiarizing real life because you lack imagination
>>
>>8651687
>sacrificing your limited lifespan to an ungrateful ignorant society
paying taxes is more then enough
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.