[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you usually admit that you like to read when a co-worker asks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1477213540513.jpg (26KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1477213540513.jpg
26KB, 450x338px
do you usually admit that you like to read when a co-worker asks what you do in your free time?

seems like reading is a huge cock block
>>
being insecure about your hobbies is a huge cock block
>>
of course i tell them. were do you work that reading would be considered a cock block?
>>
>>8649361
I live and work in northern ireland. Reading is grounds for ostracism.
>>
I read on the way to work and I usually walk in and leave the book on my desk

someone said I was "showing off" because I was reading Myth of Sisyphus
>>
File: poynter.jpg (215KB, 800x1080px) Image search: [Google]
poynter.jpg
215KB, 800x1080px
>>8649361
A lot of girls either like to read or like the idea of reading. As long as you don't sperg out and say the books they like are plebshit or start wanking about how good Ulysses is, it's hardly a cock block. Worst case scenario, they'll think you're boring. Which most of us are.
>>
>>8649795

My mum is from Belfast but I've lived all my live in Australia, have been thinking about moving to Northern Ireland (I have cousins n shit there). This saddens me.
>>
>>8649795
Brazil here, same.
>>
>>8649361
of course, i usually hook up with most coworkers that i talk about books with
>>
>>8649361
Reading is the only one of my hobbies I'm comfortable with telling people I know about. Anime and video games are much more of a turn-off than reading.
>>
>>8649361
"what do you do in your free time?"

just such a stupid question to ask someone. I'll never understand the rationale behind this silence-filling platitude. basically akin to "how do you identify yourself?"
>>
>>8649361
>wanting to impregnate plebian pussy
>>
>>8649361
>>8649795
>>8649825
>>8650908
>>8650964
>>8651194

Once again reinforces the idea that most of /lit/ come from pleb families
>>
>>8651194
????
fucking spergs
they just want to know what do you in your free time
>>
>>8651440
I'm pretty poor actually.
>>
>>8651472

pleb

noun
a member of the plebs; a plebeian or commoner, especially one from the lower social classes..
>>
>>8651485
We don't use 'pleb' in this sense on 4chan.
>>
>>8651494
someone with shit taste in literature

happy now?
>>
>>8649828
This. Reading has got me so much pussy it's ridiculous.
>>
>>8649361
no. i like to read but i'm still pretty dumb and i don't want to open myself up to having to engage in an intellectual conversation. i just tell people that i like to watch tv and movies and play video games.
>>
>>8649825
Too obvious. Leave your bag open at the end of your desk with the book just barely sticking out, spine up, so they can still read it but have to crane their neck or stop while walking by.
>>
>>8649828
yeah, i made the mistake of saying to a gril i liked that j.k. rowling was shit
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.