[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

books to help me deal /w being black any good black authors,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 12425252524.jpg (6KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
12425252524.jpg
6KB, 160x160px
books to help me deal /w being black

any good black authors, not necessarily books about race
>>
ralph ellison - invisible man
everything by james baldwin
>>
nobody ever reached Cam's level so you might as well just stop there.
>>
>>8649171
Ugh, why do white people hold up someone as black as Pushkin as being the best black lit has to offer? It's just co-opting blackness for you own; a literary colonization
>>
Books by Toni Morrison
>>
The problem with black people and literature is just the culture right now. It's not like white people have literary race points. Black people just have a culture of rap and gang activity and clothing. It's the equivalent to white trash

That said, it's hard to find a lot of black authors. Invisible man was good though.

t. Spic
>>
>>8649195
OP said good, not singers
>>
Chinua Achebe is OK.
>>
Waka Flocka Flame, Pushkin, Thomas Sowell, Alexandre Dumas, the egyptian Book of the Dead, Chief Keef and Amelia Bassano
>>
Black rednecks and white liberals by Thomas Sowell
>>
>>8649268
Just about to recommend this too. Good book.
>>
Obligatory Iceberg Slim - Pimp reply
>>
Why do you feel that being black is something you must 'deal with' ?
>>
>>8649161
Iceberg Slim - Pimp
>>
Zadie Smith
Richard Wright
Samuel Delaney
>>
>>8649346
this. also malcolm x and sanyika "monster kody" shakur.
>>
File: african poems.png (227KB, 668x726px) Image search: [Google]
african poems.png
227KB, 668x726px
>>8649161

African Poetry has a rich tradition.
>>
>>8649339

Because his own culture hates his very interest in literature. The only way it's acceptable is if he writes books about oppression and race.
>>
>>8649427

James Baldwin faced the same problems. Blacks disliked him since he was gay, atheist, and wrote outside the "black experience". Whites disliked him since he was gay, atheist, and black.
>>
>>8649437
And funnily enough he's the best black writer to have ever lived.
>>
>>8649339
because it is

wake up
>>
File: 6.jpg (56KB, 281x491px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
56KB, 281x491px
>>
>>8649541
I'm not denying that it is, just looking for an explanation.
>>
Sorry pal, it's terminal.

I mean, you don't have to be a genius to see that everywhere blacks go property values plummet and crime follows. Countries governed by blacks are just big garbage heaps.

Just go learn to sprint or something, books aren't for you. You can be really good at a sport or something though, or maybe even a rapper.
>>
>>8649161
blood meridian
>>
>>8649201
What does that mean??
>>
>>8649822
Jesus this place can be so awful, I wish there was a standard here
>>
For theatre I would recommend reading August Wilson. There's good shit in his works if you pay attention.

I'd tell you to take some of his more extreme opinions with some salt. He had a shit childhood that apparently he never got over.
>>
>>8651470
if u have thin skin then leave
>>
Thomas Sowell - The Quest for Cosmic Justice
>>
I am a Japanese Writer by Dany Laferriere
probably Ishmael Reed
>>
File: dhalgren_front.jpg (530KB, 576x936px) Image search: [Google]
dhalgren_front.jpg
530KB, 576x936px
>>8649161
>>
>>8649822
cw: disease, poverty
>it's terminal
>property values plummet
Could you really please include cws for disease and poverty for content like this, if you post the same sort of thing in the future?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.