[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those who have read Knausgaard's ' My Struggle',

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Karl_Ove_Knausgård.jpg (2MB, 2084x2848px) Image search: [Google]
Karl_Ove_Knausgård.jpg
2MB, 2084x2848px
For those who have read Knausgaard's ' My Struggle', how would you rank each book from best to worst?
>>
2 > 1 > 5 > 3 = 4

1 and 2 were incredible. But after I read 5 I went back and read 1 again and enjoyed it a lot less than the first time. It's possible they're actually all about equally good, but the novelty of the project makes your first exposure to it the most powerful.
>>
>>8649042
>the novelty
Kek come on now
>>
>>8649061
Who did something similar?
>>
>>8649014
Rare Knausgaards.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I'm reading #3 right now, and it's a lot worse than the first 2, at least for the moment (see pic related, what the fuck).

#1 is 9/10, and #2 is 7/10 for me. It makes sense, given that Knausgård declared that the first one is the only one that he edited. The rest are almost first drafts, he would just correct what he did the day before and keep going.
>>
>>8649088
He said he spent a lot of time editing the first pages of 1, the overture, not the whole of it.

1 and 2 were originally one book and, besides the overture, underwent the same amount of editing.
>>
>>8649088
I've read all of Bukowski's novels, this is nothing
>>
>>8649088
What the hell?
>>
For those who don't know, 3 is about childhood.
>>
>reading fuckthousand pages of some norwegian cuck's angsty drivel instead of starting with the goddamned greeks
does not compute
>>
Personal opinion coming through:

3 > 1 > 2 > 5 > 4

Yet to read 6, will probably start it around xmas.
>>
>>8649158
Already read the Greeks
>>
2 > 1 > 5 > 6 > 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3

3 is by far his weakest, actually recommend skipping it. 6 is kind of a wild card since it's so different in structure than the others. Personally liked his 400 page analysis of Mein Kampf and it does have an extremely satisfying conclusion to the whole series. It does drag it's feet a bit compared to the others.
>>
>>8649082
I don't understand the novelty you're talking about. Truly. I like the books but I have no idea what you could call a novelty in them. People have been doing this since fiction's beginning, right?
>>
>>8649189
3 is absolute trash. Especially if you're older than eleven.
>>
>>8649228
It was just really relateble for me, growing up in the south of Norway with a violent father. But I guess it could be seened as just another coming-of-age book without any significant novelty to it for a lot of people.
>>
>>8649225
I was talking about the novelty of writing an autobiographical novel that's nakedly autobiographical, not coded or remixed into fiction. Knausgaard's books are simply about Knausgaard, he's the main character, not his "alter-ego," and the characters in the book are real people, the names unchanged.

This has been done before, yes, I believe the French have a history of this and call it "autofiction," but Knausgaard's novel is epic autofiction, and it has an emphasis on the mundane, so the reader feels like he's getting the raw feed of life rather than just the interesting parts. So, to sum up, I was talking about the novelty of writing an epic autobiographical novel with an emphasis on everyday life that appears not to be fictionalized at all (even though I know from interviews that it does contain fiction).
>>
>>8649244
I can appreciate that he tried something new and wrote an entire book from just a pre-pubescent child's perspective. But it didn't do anything for me. I guess I missed a lot of Knausgård's adult insight, that was the best part of his other books in the series.
>>
>>8649014
5 > 6 > 1 > 2 > 4 > 3
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.