[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What gives your life meaning? Or, what in general makes life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 23

File: event_139637082.jpg (43KB, 360x355px) Image search: [Google]
event_139637082.jpg
43KB, 360x355px
Reason i'm posting here is because its philosophy/lit related.

What makes life worth living?
>>
i can guarantee this thread wont get any replies after this line
>>
making enough money at a job I don't completely hate to fund my hobbies and allow me to be creative. also volunteering is the shit.
>>
>>8648771
Every day, I get to see something beautiful that I had not seen before.

That's it. The only reason I need.
>>
>>8648800
everyday i see the same shit ive seen already for days

what gives
>>
>>8648771
I have no idea

just feel like sharing something that'll probably make you guys cringe

Today I was sitting in front of grocery store, on a bench, waiting for a friend, and a woman with a small child came to this bench; the child propped himself onto the bench and the mother put her handbag down, so I moved to the right to make space for her. An old man was there and there wasn't sufficient space for the five of us (on the far left there was another person), so I stood up, and moved to the right of the old man and stood there to wait for my friend instead. The mother promptly came to me and smiled brightly and told me I hadn't needed to move, and that all she was going was trying to find something in her bag, and that she would depart immediately; and she did. I sat back down where I was before, and the old man next to me also gave me a bright smile. I got two fucking bright smiles today and it felt wholesomely good
>>
Future potential.
>>
Define 'meaning'
Say, every single person is born with a very explicit mission etched in their genetic memory, a message from God if you want. For example
>You have to become a physician!
or
>You have to donate 25 mil dollars to charity!
Does fulfilling said mission make life meaningful? Does failing said mission make life meaningless? What's the difference?
>>
I find my life worth living because I enjoy it. I like to think I've learned to appreciate it and not take life for granted.

I feel like by being born I've gotten an opportunity to have everything and I'm never going to get that opportunity again so it's vital to stop and appreciate what's happening. Everyday I try to find new art to enjoy and be constantly enriching myself so that if I'm dying I can think "Yes, that was a good run".
>>
File: 1474513241989.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474513241989.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
Is it sex?

Because I feel as though I wouldn't be anywhere as depressed as I am now if I wasn't a 21 year old wizard.
>>
>>8648880
Ik it sounds like a meme but unless your sex has meaning to it, i.e a girl you genuinely love or someone you actually find attractive that you gott by being charming instead of a prostitute, it will be underwhelming
>>
I can't justify my will to live. Just like I don't question plain reality, such as my own existence, or even more ambiguous things like the existence of people who are like me. I am likely to fail in justifying my belief in things that I cannot know, like the thoughts of others or the existence of countries I've never been to. I cannot be completely sure that time will continue, that I will die, that other people dream like me or that I was once a baby. I don't remember being a baby. Yet I continue to believe in these things without scepticism, even though I have no evidence.
I trust my intuition more than my reason. Why would I trust something that can't even tell me the truth about things that I continue to believe? If I believe in things despite reason telling me otherwise, why pretend that I am reasonable?
>>
Yoga pants/ tights are my raison d'etre.
>>
>>8648805
>everyday i see the same shit ive seen already for days

no, you do not
>>
i wouldn't say it's a "meaning" but the reason i want to keep living is because there's so many things that i haven't experienced yet. for the past few years of my life i have suffered from depression and anxiety (and still do) which kept me recluded at home. i'm trying to get out more now, and catching up on the cool things i missed. learning to love myself on the way, trying to get the respect i deserve, from others and from myself. i want to live fully, and i'm only starting.
>>
>>8648805
You're not looking closely enough.

I'm talking about small things. A cloud at sunset. A drop of water. A smile because of something nice you did. A pretty girl's hair.

Who /aestheticism/ here
>>
File: Nihilists BTFO.jpg (63KB, 750x539px) Image search: [Google]
Nihilists BTFO.jpg
63KB, 750x539px
>>8648771

Der Wille zur Macht.

That feeling when you have power over something, including yourself, makes everything worthwhile. Something tells me OP is not familiar with this feel.
>>
Nuclear annihilation.
>>
>>8648771
Fear of death
>>
My capacity to fee happiness. Happiness, to me, comes in many forms, as it does to most humans. I can feel hapiness from performing actions and getting adrenaline in my system. I can obtain happiness by intensely desiring something and striding towards it. I breathe happiness by revelling even in abstract concepts, such as my pride or my faith. But most of all, I grasp happiness by taking a glance at some damn fine yoga pants.
>>
Nothing
It doesnt have meaning
>>
>>8649094
My nigga
>>
music albums
>>
Nothing, the only thing we can do is find distractions and forget about the pointlessness of it all.
>>
>What gives your life meaning? What in general makes life meaningful?

Myself. I give it meaning; life gives life meaning.

I am the circumstance in a line of circumstances that trace back billions of years, when hydrogen collected in space to form a star that exploded and gave way to our solar system. I am here, now, with both abilities and limitations to learn and overcome. Responsibilities to tend to, hardships to endure, goals to achieve, passions to enjoy, glyphs to decipher, values to create.

>What makes life worth living?

Not being an absolute power. I deliberately set new standards for myself, over and over again, so that I never feel like I am at an "absolute" stage. The absolute creates boredom — that's when life loses its value.

With a new mountain to climb, a goal is always laid out before me; an obstacle to overcome is always in front; new passions always wait to be enjoyed. Being incomplete is where it's at.
>>
>>8649397
Could you be any more 15 yo?
>>
>>8648800
Actually everyday? Could you give some examples?
>>
>>8649400
I'll take that as a complement. Youthful spirit > tired old fart spirit.
>>
File: zapffe.jpg (38KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
zapffe.jpg
38KB, 150x200px
>>8648771
Delusion.
>>
File: 1465065361331.jpg (125KB, 678x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1465065361331.jpg
125KB, 678x1024px
Goals. Right now I'm stuyding for a degree, and that gives me meaning. But I am wondering what the meaning of all that work is for me on a high-level, thats why I am trying to aim for some broad goals. Specialize in specific sub-fields. Network and communicate with smart individuals to increase my reach and potential. Increase fitness to be able to do x, y or z movements. Little stuff that feeds into bigger stuff.

Also, was just reading Viktor Frankl's book Man's Search for Meaning and he gives his reasoning that people can give meaning to all kinds of activites as long as they have some kind of end objectives. He gave examples of fellow inmates at Auschwitz, where people who abandoned their goals and gave up on trying to being able to escape were quick to die, while those with some kind of dedicated purpose survived.

Recommended reading for anyone.
>>
>>8649397
tl;dr: i distract myself from being a spoiling hunk of flesh until it's time to die
>>
>>8649397
thsi is cinrgeworthy and NOT i repeat NOT negative enough we dont like your tips round 'ere lad may i recommend reddit?
>>
>>8649418
Pessimism derives from:

1. An initially optimistic disposition that was discouraged by life experiences / the knowledge it came by.

2. The proceeding defense mechanism against incompetence / cowardice in the face of the emerging reality that you must create your own values.

Your way of thinking is a cowardly weakling's.
>>
>>8649431
It's the former, which is quite reasonable. You get brought into a world full of people deluding and distracting themselves to get through the day and as a child you buy some of it until you start to get keen. Some people never get to this point, but those who do inevitably feel disappointed because reality doesn't correspond to the narrative your average pleb subscribes to.

Pessimism is the opposite of cowardice. After all, an unpleasant worldview requires stronger shoulders to bear than a pleasant one.

People's 'getting over' the turmoil of their teenage years isn't a getting over at all, it is a retreat into the safe ideas of childhood.
>>
>>8649431
>create your own values.

You cannot. You can only discover values.
>>
>>8649449
>You can only discover values.

Where?
>>
>>8649454
forms, breh
>>
>>8649448
>It's the former, which is quite reasonable.
It's both. Pessimism is the neighbor of melancholy and sorrow, which is just an inactive state of aggression redirected to the self. You don't want to take the next step or don't know how to, which is to create your own values, so you instead cry or mock it.

>After all, an unpleasant worldview requires stronger shoulders to bear than a pleasant one.
And a pleasant one requires even stronger when you come from a pessimistic worldview or miserable life.

>>8649449
There is no discovery. Life is a mirror; whatever you "discover" in it, you are just "discovering" about yourself. But it is actually an act of self-creation.
>>
>>8648771
I have friends and family who I enjoy. I have people who look up to me. I have goals that I don't want to give up on.
>>
>>8649059
>old hag
>sexy
>>
File: Asian-Alison-0566L.jpg (780KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Asian-Alison-0566L.jpg
780KB, 1000x1500px
Cute crosdressers
>>
>>8649461
>It's both. Pessimism is the neighbor of melancholy and sorrow, which is just an inactive state of aggression redirected to the self.
Pessimism is not an emotional state. You can be pessimistic and cheerful. Pessimism is a value judgement.

>You don't want to take the next step or don't know how to, which is to create your own values, so you instead cry or mock it.
I'm bad at self-delusion, that is true. But you freely admit you need to dangle some carrot in front of yourself. You distract yourself from being with the idea of becoming. It is the thing which doesn't exist yet, which does not exist, that lets you accept life. You need that which is not, because what is isn't enough. You depend on the otherworldly to accept the world.
>>
>>8649470
Traps are objectively better than women in every single way.
>>
>>8649483
>I'm bad at self-delusion
Sorry bub, but there is not a single thought out there that isn't characteristic of "delusion" if you place all your value in the elusive and barren concept called "truth" (and it is just a concept, not a constant), even your precious pessimism.

What this is about is what "delusion" you choose to project, i.e. what "delusion" you yourself are made of. That is my concept of truth.
>>
>>8648771
Drugs and masturbation.
>>
>>8649493
Just because all thought requires some level of untruth doesn't mean that all thought is equally unvalid.

Otherwise you might as well exchange your 'put on the blinkers and focus on the next arbitrary goal' for something a bit more utopian like a perfect afterlife as a reward.
>>
File: dream.png (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
dream.png
3MB, 2560x1600px
>>8648771
It hurts, I just want something to give me reason to get up every day. I only live waiting for that reason to show up in my life.

>>8649094
Disgusting

>>8648880
A woman to love and have children with is the ideal fantasy. It is unfortunate:
>Women in the current year

>>8649397
>>8649407
The biggest redditor faggot on 4chan

>>8649416
Goals don't give meaning to life, the meaning gives motivation for your goals.

>>8649470
>>8649489
Faggots are the most depraved delusional creatures on earth.
>>
>>8649508
>Just because all thought requires some level of untruth doesn't mean that all thought is equally unvalid.
I agree completely, which is why I see my own disposition as being greater than a cowardly / lazy pessimist's.

>a perfect afterlife as a reward
Striving towards an afterlife is anti-life just like any form of nihilism, like pessimism. I LOVE life. I'd never be caught dead disgracing it with an "afterlife" goal.
>>
>>8649534
>disgusting
You do realise you don't always have to be angry and depressed to enjoy literature, right?
>>
>>8648835
i underestand you anon
you're not a bad person
>>
>>8648771
That question is meaningless
>>
>>8649534
>I just want something to give me reason to get up every day.
But you obviously do have a reason, because you are getting up every day still. Your reason is to finally obtain a good reason. The meaning of your life is to look for a meaning, even though you clearly have one, in places where you will never find one, like the retard you are.
>>
>DUDE JUST DOING WHAT MAKES ME HAPPEH :D
Fucking epicureans I swear on me mum
>>
>>8649549
I appreciate aesthetics of nature, I appreciate the beautiful weather in contrast to poor weather. I notice the small things: The breathing of the passangers next to me on a bus, the way the birds play with eachother, the way the shadows move as I sit at a bench doing something for too long.
This doesn't give meaning to life unless I do some mental gymnastics and twist that appreciation into something it is not.

>>8649553
Your statement is meaningless, kill yourself.

>>8649561
I made a pact with myself to not kill myself until 27 and have read and studied a list of things. I'm living the dream.
>>
>>8649534
>Goals don't give meaning to life, the meaning gives motivation for your goals.
And you create your own meaning by setting goals. Don't try to twist my words, you know what I "mean". Now, set some goals and motivate yourself to reach them.
>>
File: 1474708314407.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1474708314407.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
>>8648771
find somthing to do that distracts you from the endless thoughts in your head. Its what we all want.It may come through the means of a woman or some other relationship, the development of a skill or even a spiritual path. Whatever it is, connect it to the rest of the world, generally you find that its by offering a service to others.

This generation's problem comes from not being able to stay fucking still for a few hours. We have all these existencial authors at our disposition that we feel like we have the rest of our lifes (and other people's) figured out. So we want immediate satisfaction, and when we dont get it we blame life for being hard.
We dont have anything to obsess about anymore. All young people want to do know is travel.

Little man
Never hurry, take it slow
Things worth while need time to grow
Little man

Don't look back
There are things that might distract
Move ahead towards your goal
And the answers will unfold
Little man
Love is always in the air
It is there for those who care
Little man
>>
>>8649589
>find somthing to do that distracts you from the endless thoughts in your head.
If you are still having endless thoughts in your head, take up meditation or start a journal.

>We dont have anything to obsess about anymore
>This generation's problem comes from not being able to stay fucking still for a few hours.
Aren't these two statements clashing? We are obsessing over too many things rather than nothing. Over-abundance of information has lead to people trying to do everything and obsess about doing everything.

>All young people want to do "know" is travel.
What's wrong with traveling?

You said so much, yet you said nothing. Why am I still on this board?
>>
>>8649584
>Don't try to twist my words
>motivate yourself to reach them
When you reach those goals you will find them very empty. Unless you are simple.
>My goal iz ta win da superbowl. Dats my meaning to life.
>>
>>8649606
>Meditation
>Being a source of help for absolutley everyone with the same issue
no
>>
File: ugk.jpg (59KB, 747x306px) Image search: [Google]
ugk.jpg
59KB, 747x306px
>>8649548
Perpetually living in service of a goal not yet achieved is anti-life since it places meaning outside of what is.

True amor fati doesn't seek improvement.
>>
>>8649611
Whether you find them "empty" or not, doesn't matter. It gave you a rope to climb. When you have climbed the rope you just find another rope. Or rock to push. Whatever you like. What matters is that you have something to do, because if not you are just going to an hero and waste your time in misery and probably dying early in life.
>>
>>8649637
tl;dr: i distract myself from being a spoiling hunk of flesh until it's time to die
>>
>>8649640
Basically.
>>
>>8648771
For me its making and playing music. I reccomend you find a creative task to work on.
>>
Zapffe's theory is that humans are born with an overdeveloped skill (understanding, self-knowledge) which does not fit into nature's design. The human craving for justification on matters such as life and death cannot be satisfied, hence humanity has a need that nature cannot satisfy. The tragedy, following this theory, is that humans spend all their time trying not to be human. The human being, therefore, is a paradox.

In The Last Messiah Zapffe described four principal defense mechanisms that humankind uses to avoid facing this paradox:

Isolation is "a fully arbitrary dismissal from consciousness of all disturbing and destructive thought and feeling".[3]

Anchoring is the "fixation of points within, or construction of walls around, the liquid fray of consciousness".[3] The anchoring mechanism provides individuals a value or an ideal that allows them to focus their attentions in a consistent manner. Zapffe also applied the anchoring principle to society, and stated "God, the Church, the State, morality, fate, the laws of life, the people, the future"[3] are all examples of collective primary anchoring firmaments.

Distraction is when "one limits attention to the critical bounds by constantly enthralling it with impressions".[3] Distraction focuses all of one's energy on a task or idea to prevent the mind from turning in on itself.

Sublimation is the refocusing of energy away from negative outlets, toward positive ones. The individuals distance themselves and look at their existence from an aesthetic point of view (e.g., writers, poets, painters). Zapffe himself pointed out that his produced works were the product of sublimation.

Pick one.
>>
>>8649632
>True amor fati doesn't seek improvement.
Sure it does. Life is eternally self-creating and self-destroying. Anything that wishes for a reality that eliminates this cycle is nihilistic and anti-life, just like your Buddhism there.
>>
>>8649658
Not falling for the meme of """""progress""""" does not imply longing for stasis.
>>
Why arent there any memes of philosophers BTFOing NEET che or the spookbuster?
Are those edgelords really THAT right?
>>
File: maxima stirner.jpg (50KB, 613x771px) Image search: [Google]
maxima stirner.jpg
50KB, 613x771px
>>8649675
egololi is unBTFOable
>>
>>8648771
it's responsibility, life isn't just a chemical process (how it is liked by the society) but more than that, every human ever is worth something because he isn't dead and can live under God's rules.
>>
Not till I am certain of myself, and no longer seeking for myself, am I really my property; I have myself, therefore I use and enjoy myself. On the other hand, I can never take comfort in myself as long as I think that I have still to find my true self and that it must come to this, that not I but Christ or some other spiritual, i.e. ghostly, self (e.g. the true man, the essence of man, etc.) lives in me.

A vast interval separates the two views. In the old I go toward myself, in the new I start from myself; in the former I long for myself, in the latter I have myself and do with myself as one does with any other property — I enjoy myself at my pleasure. I am no longer afraid for my life, but “squander” it.

Henceforth, the question runs, not how one can acquire life, but how one can squander, enjoy it; or, not how one is to produce the true self in himself, but how one is to dissolve himself, to live himself out.

What else should the ideal be but the sought-for ever-distant self? One seeks for himself, consequently one doth not yet have himself; one aspires toward what one ought to be, consequently one is not it. One lives in longing and has lived thousands of years in it, in hope. Living is quite another thing in — enjoyment!
>>
>>8649094
This only works when you totally unplug from massively stimulating distractions, such as this very board.
>>
>>
>>8648771
Npthing does. I just exist. I live from day to day.
>>
>>8648771
I hope to be loved someday
>>
In the modern age, there isn't much that gives life meaning.

In the past, earning the right to live (hunting, finding, stealing food; surviving conflicts, wars) and creatively making do with what's available to you (finding the best spouses/sex partners around your vicinity; forming good alliances; etc.).

Even to the degree that we have those things now, there's nowhere near as much directness and/or "caveman" simplicity.

To put it another way, in the past, survival gave life meaning. But because survival is a much different ballgame nowadays (due to civilization), it gives less satisfaction and less meaning.
>>
>>8649707
made me laugh, nice larping
>>
>>8649787
t. marx
>>
ITT: rich people's problems
>>
I make money and hope I'll be able to buy an apartment within a year (only thing keeping me is not having a full time job). If I find that it does not make thr difference I had hoped for, I will most likely try to an hero again.
>>
The meaning of life is feels. Feels are what make you ask such questions after all. The goal is to lifehack your feels. Hamfisted philosophical approaches like epicureanism are idealistic trash non compatible with human psychology. Conditioning, rewiring, intermittent
ascesis is where you should begin.

And ffs don't fall for the far east troll.
>>
The fact that you will die and that all paradoxes will be reconciled behind the veil.
>>
>>8649577
>This doesn't give meaning to life unless I do some mental gymnastics and twist that appreciation into something it is not.
you sound like a miserable ennui-ridden sack of shit.
feeling is the entire point of existence. you don't have to spiritually transcend at the sight of a nice sunrise but if you can't appreciate it and have to do some "think" the way you feel about it, you probably do the same thing with everything else in life and surprise you're an annoying sad cunt.
do the world a favor and jump off your nearest bridge.
>>
Is it wrong that my lifegoal is to live without a goal?
>>
File: tao.jpg (171KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tao.jpg
171KB, 640x480px
>>8650164
no, it's unspooked
>>
>>8649891
>Don't fall for the far east troll
You can't compress more wisdom than this into a single sentence.
>>
>>8649891
are you hume?
>>
Y'all need stoicism.
>>
>>8650190
You need Epicuro.
>>
its to have children. to make the world a better place and leave a legacy and leave children in the world for when you are gone.
>>
>>8650190
>>8650203
yall need dogonese
>>
>>8650224
You seriously need death.
>>
>>8650231
>hasn't educated himself about the cynics

Did you even start with the Greeks?
>>
>>8649507
no >:c
>>
File: 6vScT.jpg (137KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
6vScT.jpg
137KB, 717x880px
>>8650245
>dogonese
>>
File: 1477209651730.jpg (24KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477209651730.jpg
24KB, 480x480px
>life
>meaning
>worth living
>>
>>8650224
Cynicism is a good philosophy to make life shitty. Stoicism is much better.
>>
>tfw live in a piss poor city
>>
>>8649798
kill yourself
>>
>>8650203
I'm a Christian so it's a non starter for me. Christianity was influenced greatly by stoicism so they blend quite well.
>>
>>8649911
this dubs confirm
>>
>>8650211
this is the heaviest shit and the biggest burden to NEETs
>>
>>8650265
Better at making life shitty? I agree
>>
>>8650265
Stoicism is just bourgeois Cynicism with more ideology and less dedication.
>>
File: antinatalit.png (289KB, 660x598px) Image search: [Google]
antinatalit.png
289KB, 660x598px
>>8650211
>have children. to make the world a better place
pick one
>>
>>8650319
Perhaps. But I like it more.
>>
Underage pu$$y

I coded the message because I might get in trouble for saying it. And if you happen to crack it I want to clarify: by underage vagina I mean like 16 year old high school girls in Catholic schoolgirl uniforms and not fetuses in diapers. And to raise this 16 year old girl into being a fine citizen of her country, to be knowledged in civic duties and to have responsibility for her actions. As a father, you can't really do all that much during the pre-16 years because all that jazz, what with the change of diapers and period issues, should be dealt with by the mother.
>>
>>8650332
what the fuck
>>
>>8650328
That's because of weakness.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 600x686px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 600x686px
Goals.

I've been working overtime at every chance i had for the last 4 years to maximize my salary. In 3 more years ill sell my apartment, my car, basically every item i own that doesn't have any kind of sentimental value.
At this point i will have enough cash to wander the earth for the following 10-15 years, exploring.

I'll have plenty of time living like a locked down, indoor pissant watching TV when i grow old.
>>
File: 1429276311122.png (124KB, 358x272px) Image search: [Google]
1429276311122.png
124KB, 358x272px
>>8650332
>>
>>8650376
where are you going to go. make a youtube channel of your adventures and post it here for us to make memes of you and share in your experiences.
>>
File: 584032.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
584032.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>8650332
>>
>>8648771
i haven't finished the wheel of time yet
>>
>>8650332
>16
Disgusting old hag
>>
>>8648835
Chivalry only usually amounts to being a cuck
But not always
>>
>>8648800
same, but it's a new emotion, and it's more like 2-3 times a month. It's really incredible...
>>
>>8648835
It's like finding a pearl in a sea of shit, good on you anon.
>>
>>8650332
Your daughter doesn't want to fuck you.
>>
>>8650376
What's your job anon?
>>
>>8649534
I bet you have a very clear vision of what your future looks like if you fail at life but have a scattered and murky idea of your success.

We tend toward what is clear
>>
Everyone has something they reflexively care about and value. You simply need to reflect harder.

It's most likely your friends or your family.
>>
All I care about is the complete cessation of suffering, so I go hard on that mysticism shit, but it's difficult.
>>
>>8652219
I believe this is quite a good approximation of most anons thinking. They are used to being shit, so they think they will continue to be shit in the future and since they don't do anything new they don't change and grow.

Before I started writing daily I was like that. Now, I just watched a great anime scene and I really appreciated how the drama was built and there was no doubt or self-hatred in my heart like there used to be, just appreciation.

Getting to that point just requires exploring options over and over again. No one wants to hear it, but it really is trial and error.
>>8652224
More like driving purpose, and purpose is just raw emotion applied to your life. The happiest people are trying honestly to do something with their lives, and I thought those people were just idiots who would never accomplish anything or mediocre until I did it myself.
>>
>>8650319
How many times are people going to spread this untrue meme? All you did was show that you don't know anything about either philosophy.
>>
>>8648799
Where do you volunteer and what do you do? What's nice about it? How did you find the position
>>
File: Slayers__8_.jpg (241KB, 749x873px) Image search: [Google]
Slayers__8_.jpg
241KB, 749x873px
Anime and mount and blade bannerlord are the only things that keep me going right now, I don't even read anymore. One day I'm going to snap and do something really existential and meaningful, I swear
>>
>>8652484
>and do something really existential

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>8652490
Like that apathetic french guy who shot the Arab on the beach, it would be really aesthetic and apathetic in a meaningful way
>>
>>8652495
That's where Stranger jumped the shark for me. The guy was in some sort of disassociation state, clearly mentally ill.
'Absurd' my ass. You know what a gun is, you dumbass. Why not go put your cigarette in your eye if everything is so meaningless and absurd?
Fucking frogs I sware on me mum
>>
>>8652527
Because putting a cigarette in his eye wouldn't stimulate his senses or aesthetics in a pleasing way. Do you even came us m8?
>>
>>8652534
camus should re-evaluate his choices of aesthetics
>>
>>8652411
Stoicism, founded by the lad who wasn't hard enough to continue to be Crates' pupil.

It is Cynicism Light for the weak who need excuses.
>>
>>8652541
>thicc qts in girly dresses
>dead arabs

Seems like he's doing fine.
>>
>>8649752
I hope to love someday
>>
>>8650709

I don't know.
Ill put on a backpack and see where i end up. Let fate decide.
>>
>>8651698

I'm a Mill Operator.
>>
>>8648771
life itself. there's nothing bigger than life.
>>
>>8648771
I have to die one day.
>>
>>8650996
>16
>developing boobs
Absolutely disgusting. May as well be attracted to gray hair and crows' feet.
>>
File: 1469248230421.gif (3MB, 200x150px)
1469248230421.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>8648798
>>
>>8652495
>>8652527
>>8652534
>>8652541
It's almost like you both have failed to understand the book that should be obvious to a teenager.

>>8652589
Again all you have done is show that you don't know anything about either cynicism or stoicism. Go ahead, show me which academics believe what you think. If your position is so obvious that you can arrive at it by knowing nothing about either than surely there will be a large majority of people who agree with you. I'll get the ball rolling with people who agree with me: literally EVERYONE. Not even memeing. Have a nice day.
>>
>>8648771
Pleasure and beauty of course.
>>
Worthlessness and worth are connected to each other. True worth can only emerge out of long periods of worthlessness, just as true bliss can only emerge out of long periods of suffering
>>
>>8653403
>Being a not piece of shit human being is only possible if you are a garbage piece of shit most of the time.
What hogwash.
>>
>>8653349
16-year-olds are fully developed usually, stupid.
>>
>>8653502
I humbly defer to your expertise in this matter.
>>
>>8653604
My wife is 17, for one.
>>
File: 1459788686012.gif (3MB, 426x320px) Image search: [Google]
1459788686012.gif
3MB, 426x320px
>>8648771
If you are trying to find objective universal answer you will get none.
Subjective answer to life is like SJW - drowning in your own dellusions. Most normal people tend to think life with fullfilment of human needs is the right one. My reason are short periods in which I find happiness, between dark and vast grey space.
>>
Children.
>>
>>8653361
Nice ad populum faggot
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.