[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know the drill. Come at me with your shitty, ideological,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0891.jpg (1MB, 3264x2280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0891.jpg
1MB, 3264x2280px
You know the drill.

Come at me with your shitty, ideological, pre-reflective questions /lit/.
>>
>>8648340

>Being this devoted to Marx
>All in English

lol
>>
>>8648340
Why is volume 3 so much worse for wear?
>>
Good entry level stuff there. Time to move on to real economics

http://research.calvin.edu/german-propaganda-archive/sofortprogramm.htm
>>
File: 1474733438305.jpg (66KB, 851x623px) Image search: [Google]
1474733438305.jpg
66KB, 851x623px
>>8648366
lol
>>
>>8648340
>being so devoted to a man who is just wrong about nearly everything
>>
>>8648361
It's the biggest of the paperbacks and its the only one I took separate reading notes each time I sat down with it. Went real slow with it.

It's my personal favorite, though it only really makes sense when placed in reference to the essential logic of capital as put forward in Volume 1 and 2. It's the point at which we enter into the surface existence of capital, what's immediately visible to everyday consciousness and the categorical field utilized by bourgeois economics.

It's an inverted/perverted existence to the inner truth/essence of capital--though that doesn't make it false in the sense that's usually taken when we consider essence and appearance.
>>
>>8648378

This is what is meant by the phrase "reading yourself stupid."
>>
>>8648340
How sound and important is dialectical materialism?

What books and arguments most influenced your religious views?

What are your thoughts on Marx's criticism of Max Stirner in the German Ideology?

Are you a fan of Lenin and or Mao?
>>
>>8648540
Dialectical materialism in the style of Soviet Philosophy (read: stalinism) is a reduction of Marx's project to a series of vague, formulaic propositions. The dialectic is essential to Marx but not in any way that can be reduced to base/super-structure, negation of the negation, contradiction, quantity into quality, being determining thought, etc..

Haven't read through the Stirner critique. All that needs to be said though is that the ego or the I can't be taken unproblematically as existing apart from society, as being capable of the pure movement of negativity without itself begin determined by the given objectivity it finds itself within.

I don't distance myself from Lenin. The key moments in his development should be affirmed and reflected back into a contemporary left that shuns the last century. His 1914-1923 period should be seriously studied by any partisan.

I've tried to understand the appeal of Mao, but I just don't get it. Not that there isn't anything to learn from the Chinese experience. It's just that Mao Tse Tong thought just reads like vague, regurgitated stalinism.
>>
>>8648559
>style of Soviet Philosophy (read: stalinism)
wut
>>
>>8648559
>The dialectic is essential to Marx but not in any way that can be reduced to base/super-structure, negation of the negation, contradiction, quantity into quality, being determining thought, etc..

Then what is left of it then? Thats all I know of it that is unique to dialectical materialism and not in historical materialism.

>I don't distance myself from Lenin. The key moments in his development should be affirmed and reflected back into a contemporary left that shuns the last century. His 1914-1923 period should be seriously studied by any partisan.
I've tried to understand the appeal of Mao, but I just don't get it. Not that there isn't anything to learn from the Chinese experience. It's just that Mao Tse Tong thought just reads like vague, regurgitated stalinism.

Interesting, do you think capitalism has developed sufficiently enough to make a world revolution possible and not repeat the trends of the 20th Century?
After Marx and Engels who do you think the most important Marxist thinkers are?

Why is accelerationism not a proper stratergy for marxists?
>>
File: Ressentiment BTFO.jpg (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ressentiment BTFO.jpg
179KB, 1920x1080px
>>8648340

How much did all this ressentiment set you back?
>>
>>8648340
Why dont all the marxists in the world collectivize and buy land somewhere to enact their ideal?
>>
>>8649564
Lol. Marxism isn't a hobby for eccentric enthusiasts. It's literally directly concerned with the workers that are exploited by capitalism.

It's not Burning Man alpha release if that's what you're insinuating.
>>
>>8649599
>It's literally directly concerned with the workers that are exploited by capitalism.

Read what I wrote again.

Why do not all marxists in the world, and all workers exploited by capitalism, collectivize and create a marxist utopia somewhere in the world.

Marxists of the world unite! Workers of the world unite!

Or lets just whine and talk about our ideals from the safety of universities for 60 years!
>>
>>8649672
Lol okay: because people living in abject poverty, in a world with raw resources distributed grossly unevenly, in a system of global economic hegemony that will enforce who gets those resources (or who even has access to trade for those resources) with coups, embargos, and state sponsored torture. totally reasonable.

Honestly, please just do you fucking research on the antagonism of Western trading powers on any Latin American countries that have attempted any kind of Marxist reform. The United States hijacked Cuban planes, taught Uruguayan police how to torture old ladies suspected of leftist sympathies, paved the way for Pinochet. Global powers will not rest until they have "free trade" access to whatever resources in whatever developing country that they want. And you can bet your ass that millions of impoverished and undereducated workers moving to a new nation state would absolutely be "developing."
>>
>>8648340
do you go to ucsc?
>>
>>8649780

>Honestly, please just do you fucking research on the antagonism of Western trading powers on any Latin American countries that have attempted any kind of Marxist reform. The United States hijacked Cuban planes, taught Uruguayan police how to torture old ladies suspected of leftist sympathies, paved the way for Pinochet. Global powers will not rest until they have "free trade" access to whatever resources in whatever developing country that they want.

If the 'Western trading powers' have so successfully crushed all of your proto-Marxist nations, then it sounds to me as if they're superior.
>>
>>8649791
>superior

at what?
>>
>>8649821
>>superior
>at what?

At being the biggest apes with the most bananas, what else is there to be superior at?
>>
>>8648340
How does it feel knowing no matter how much Western Philosophy and metaphysics you learn, you'll never be as enlightened as an illiterate Buddhist monk?
>>
>>8648340
Yes, yes, very nice. HOWEVER, you do have to grow up eventually.
>>
>>8649875
>what else is there to be superior at
he asked, on a literature board
>>
How's it going my man Big Z?
>>
>>8649781
Nah, but I think I know the commie cliques you have in mind.

>>8650644
The idea's much the same in the end--self-knowledge.
>>
>>8648340
OP I saw this article about Karl Marx in The New Yorker recently and cut the reading short because it felt biased. Can you confirm if what the writer is saying is true or bullshit. Here is the link. Thanks.
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/10/10/karl-marx-yesterday-and-today
>>
>>8648340
OP I saw this article about Karl Marx in The New Yorker recently and cut the reading short because it felt biased. Can you confirm if what the writer is saying is true or bullshit. Here is the link. Thanks.
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/10/10/karl-marx-yesterday-and-today
>>
>>8651408
Bump OP!
>>
>>8649564
>implying marxists could bring up the required money
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.