[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people believe all of his lies about his life? https

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Why do people believe all of his lies about his life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGevY_nzSHw&t=15m

Start at 15 minutes and listen for 8 minutes or so
>>
Necrophagous gossiping, what's the fun of that.
>>
>>8647556
What lies?
>Grr people can't be this interesting because my life is so boring!!!
>>
>>8647562
Fuck nevermind. Sorry OP.
>Ernestine
>>
>He was not enlisted in any army but he was out on his fishing boat with his son hunting nazi u-boats
>His fishing boat had a machine gun
>They practiced destroying u-boats by throwing grenades at turtles
>>
His tendon was from a kangaroo
>>
he killed himself because he was a fraud, not as a writer, but as a human being.
>>
File: Yikes.gif (2MB, 298x301px) Image search: [Google]
Yikes.gif
2MB, 298x301px
Hemingway's posturing is what makes his writing so psychologically profound. His attempts and failures to achieve his ideal self are admirable and universal. If you still haven't picked up on this and think people only like him because they want to vicariously live through his safari adventures, then I'm afraid everything he ever wrote went over your head
>>
>>8647843
>You have to know every little detail that I know about the author before you read his books if you want to get the full experience
nice meme
>>
>>8647843
if a text cant stand alone (or at least within a widespread and pre-existing framework) it is worthless
>>
>>8647818
He killed himself because he had a liver problem that was making him go crazy.
>>
he killed himself because he was gay
>>
>>8647868
>>8647892
Not that guy, but how do you not get the themes of failed manhood running through Hemingway?

His magnum opus is about a broken-nuts beta orbiter hanging out with his crush as she gets with everyone else but him.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.