[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your personal preference when it comes to hardback

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

What's your personal preference when it comes to hardback or paperback?
>>
Hardback has more shelf swagger, paperback is easier on my wallet.
It's even, really.
>>
Epub
>>
>>8647408
for a collection, hardback. for comfortable reading, paperback.

i buy hardback when i can because i like my collection
>>
Paperback. It's cheaper, easier/comfort to read, and lighter (which is very important because I like to carry ~2 books with me at all times in my backpack).
>>
Paperbacks.

Hardbacks are too big and heavy for moving.
>>
Paperbacks. Not even close.

They look better on shelves, too.
>>
Paperbacks all the way. I tend to curl up in weird positions while reading, so I need to be able to tilt the book around. And if you want to read while out somewhere, it's easier to carry around.
>>
>>8647408
>What's your personal preference when it comes to hardback or paperback?

Paper back for general books I read on the bus or intend to read only once then lend and hardcover for important books
>>
Hardbacks in almost every circumstance
>>
How can all the people saying 'hardbacks are heavy' survive in life? I get that hardback versions of war and peace or something of a similar size are hefty but come on, the difference in weight between the average hardback and paperback versions of the same book can't be much more than 200-300 grams. Even if you were carrying 4 that wouldn't be much more than 1kg/2lbs unless you are carrying them in your hand or are an invalid that isn't a significant amount of weight. That said I buy hardbacks when I can afford it and paperbacks when I can't.
>>
>>8647408
Paperbacks are cheaper and I find easier to read.
>>
>>8647408
I would buy hardbacks if they werent double the price which is just a rip off. Living in eastern europe its already hard to get physical copies of books I want and getting hardbacks would ruin me. If I would be rich I would just buy hardbacks because they survive longer and are more comfortable to hold for me.
>>
File: We-Have-Always-Lived-in-t-007.jpg (43KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
We-Have-Always-Lived-in-t-007.jpg
43KB, 460x276px
Paperbacks because then I don't feel bad about destroying them with scribbles, folds, reading upon rereading...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.