[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

currently reading this. Took me a whole month because it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: BelovedNovel.jpg (21KB, 220x309px) Image search: [Google]
BelovedNovel.jpg
21KB, 220x309px
currently reading this. Took me a whole month because it's unbearable

>Non-linear style that's poorly written so you don't know whats happening half the time
>boring characters that don't actually do things
>the story could have been finished in 50 pages but there's 300 and the same flashback are told again over and over
>symbolism and metaphors are shit

why is this book so praised again ?
>>
go back to /pol/. we don't need more of your kind here.
>>
>>8646093
Gonna have to read this in my AP lit class later this year and I'm not excited
>>
>>8646118
>t. Alt right false-flagger
OP said nothing wrong and actually presented his position well. Back to /pol/
>>8646093
Song of Solomon is her masterpiece. Beloved is a meme
>>
>>8646118

fuck you
>>
>>8646093
I only remember parts of it from high school. It was kind of a meme with things like Stamp Paid and the whole triangle between Paul D or whatever, Beloved, and her mom. I don't think it'd be as critically acclaimed if anyone other than Morrison wrote it.
>>
>>8646093
>non-linear style that OP is so feeble-minded he can't keep track of or put together in his brain
>lots of characters that live life
>he reads for the plot
>completely subjective judgment

OP, sounds like you'd prefer something simple and easy to understand written with a straightforward chronology. you know, like Young Adult literature, or something eighth graders can comprehend.

failing that, it sounds like you want an exciting plot with wish-fulfillment protagonists. you probably want themes involving dinosaurs or laser beam weapons, since historically rooted and realistic characters and stories don't interest you. or else, since you talk about how you want characters that "do things," you might be interested in soap operas, where there are plot twists and murders around every chapter.
>>
>>8646118
Stop talking to yourself anon,
You're scaring the kids.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.