[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /lit/ aware of any good, academic, anti-feminists? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Is /lit/ aware of any good, academic, anti-feminists? I've read a couple of pieces by Warren Farrell, and he's not bad, but his arguments also aren't particularly good.

Also Christina Hoff Sommers isn't bad, but she's still a feminist and still believes in things like patriarchy theory, so she's not what I'm presently looking for.
>>
>>8646073
Fuck off, women are trash.
>>
Just read Milo Yannopolous articles on Breitbart.

Actual books: Thomas Sowell absolutely destroys feminist myths like the 'wage gap', in pretty much all of his work (try Economic Facts and Fallacies, and skip the chapter about income).
>>
Alasdair MacIntyre provides a great analysis of modern moral sentiment and his work is imo instrumental in understanding of contemporary moral views. He does not speak of feminism directly, but his criticism of where it comes from is on point.
>>
>>8646086
Milo is a perfect human being, but I'd like something more serious than trolly.

The Sowell book looks decent though.
>>
Watch Milo YouTube videos

My favorites include such classics as:

Milo absolutely DESTROYS feminist
SJW HUMILIATED by rationality and logic
Milo drops truth bombs on regressive leftists, BRUTAL
Leftist on SUICIDE watch after being SHATTERED by alt right gay icon
>>
You guys actually venerate Milo? It's not hard to destroy SJWs.
>>
>>8646416

It's not the same when it's a fat anonymous fuck on the internet. Milo is both articulate and good looking, a big middle finger to all women who think only ugly people are anti-feminist.
>>
File: be7.png (275KB, 501x550px) Image search: [Google]
be7.png
275KB, 501x550px
>>8646086
>>8646109
>Failo
>Sowell
That is two persons that shouldn't be mentioned in the same paragraph! Failo is a bargain bin version of Bill Donohue. He will be remembered for exactly five minutes after he has died. Sowell has built a legacy that will last for at least a century. Also, Sowell has kept the best instincts of marxism. If he can explain shitty economy with shitty geography, he does that. No
>muh morals
at all.

>>8646120
>Leftist on SUICIDE watch after being SHATTERED by alt right gay icon
Things that never happened, the blog post.
>>
>all these ill read newbs
Esther Vilar
Nietzsche and Schopenhauer on feminism if you take either of these as anti-women, you failed
If you want to really fuck up some feminists, actually read Beauvoir. They haven't and they have no idea what shit she comes out with about women. She puts /r9k/ to shame at times.
>>
File: e9f.jpg (60KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
e9f.jpg
60KB, 680x453px
>>8646485
>Beauvoir
And don't forget to read her exchange of letters with Nelson Algren. He was like "move to the US, marry me and together we'll have careers and children". And she was like "nah, gotta be free". So she had her open marriage with Sartre that meant that he was free to bang female students that didn't care that he didn't change his underwear too often.

No wonder she wrote that book to absolve herself.
>>
>>8646556
>a cuckqueen
Damn
>>
>>8646556
>he was free to bang female students
C'mon anon, he wasn't the only one in that partnership who liked loli. I personally like the quote where she says that women shouldn't be allowed choose to have children and stay home because too many of them would.
>>
>>8646485
This. Beauvoir is vicious.
>>
>>8646556
What would you recommend by Beauvoir? I haven't read the second sex, but it seems pretty revered by feminists. I have read Ethics of Ambiguity, and it seems very Marxist-Feminist.
>>
>>8646073
Wow this thread is cringe. Instead of reading something that challenges your assumptions, you want to read something that confirms your ignorant beliefs.

>Also Christina Hoff Sommers isn't bad
Yes she is.

>>8646471
>Things that never happened, the blog post.
The post you are replying to is clearly meant as a joke.

>>8646086
>>8646109
>>8646432
>liking milo
Back to /b/.

>>8646626
>Marxist-Feminist
She certainly is. At least The Second Sex is, which is the only thing I've read by her. Ironically she did not consider herself a feminist at the time of writing it, but it is one of the most influential books on feminist thought. Great book, if you are open minded enough to read it.
>>
>>8646796
Why do you think I don't read things that challenge my beliefs? I have easily read more pro feminist literature than anti feminist literature. Mostly from academic feminist journals (my favorite being Hypatia), though I do own a number of feminist books.

So it's really quite the opposite, I've read so much that I disagree with, that I'd like to read something agreeable for a change.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.