[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what do you guys think about Hermann Hesse? I don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: hesse2.jpg (28KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
hesse2.jpg
28KB, 500x503px
So what do you guys think about Hermann Hesse? I don't know much about literature but he's my favorite so I wonder what's your opinion about him.
>>
>>8645512
Fuckers in school telling me, always in the barber shop Hermann Hesse ain’t bout this, Hermann Hesse ain’t bout that My boy an indivualist excelling in prose and them He, he they say that nigga don’t be putting in no work SHUT THE FUCK UP! Y'all niggas ain’t know shit All ya motherfuckers talk about Hermann Hesse ain’t no hitta Hermann Hesse ain’t this Hermann Hesse a fake SHUT THE FUCK UP Y'all don’t live with that nigga Y'all know that nigga got caught with a ratchet Shootin' at the police and shit Nigga been on probation since fuckin, I don’t know when! Motherfuckers stop fuckin' playin' him like that Them niggas savages out there If I catch another motherfucker talking sweet about Hermann Hesse I’m fucking beating they ass! I’m not fucking playing no more You know those niggas role with Thomas Mann and them
>>
>>8645719
I swear to god yo, that shit hurts me the motherfuckin' most. No Hesse ain't about that he oughtn't a be writin' about that.
Shut the fuck up, I know when a real nigga write cause I feel that shit and I feel Hesse.
That's It. The fuck you mean, that's my fuckin' nigga.
>>
I think a lot of his stories are samey and his philosophy is kind of lazily constructed
>>
Demian was awesome, probably the first serious lit I have ever read, plus I was depressed at that time and it helped me a lot.

I don't know what people see in Siddharta though, sorry if this sounds incredibly ignorant but it appeared to me as "just b urselv ;)" with some anticonsumerism thrown in there.

Der Steppenwolf was simply good, though I don't know if it stands on itself because I took it as a cool closure for his trinity. And I'll be honest, I didn't get the point of the ending.

I haven't read anything else by him but these seem to be his three most famous books. The only problem I have with him is that in my opinion his books are specifically designed for a certain stage in life, not necessarily an age range or anything just a stage, like >>8645778
said his points are quite simple and once you get them there's nothing else to analyze or deepen in his writings and/or ideas. People usually say he's basically written the same over and over but I don't think so, he seems to write about people learning about themselves but always with a different lesson and tone.
>>
>>8645851
Something about his writing puts me in a relaxed and peaceful mood that I didn't feel with any other writer. Whenever i'm stressed or something I read him and it calms me down.

I agree he repeats himself a lot but it's also very true that everything has a different lesson and tone. I admit I only read Narcissus and Goldmund and Siddharta, and those books are practically the same plot wise but the conclusions and lessons are different like you said. He kind of overshadowed the "be yourself" nature of the last 60 years (maybe even more). This agenda probably seems boring now because it's shoved in our throats all the time but maybe at his time it was more unique.

I really like his descriptions of nature, people and love I always feel very connected to them which I guess is one of the main reasons he calms me down so much.
>>
Steppenwolf is great, everything else is definitely worth reading and interesting as well, but really not to my taste.

I haven't read the Glass Bead Game yet, and I am expecting to enjoy it.
>>
>>8645512
The Glass Bead Game is brilliant, Steppenwolf also I found very good. Overall a good author who understood what spirituality was really about.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.