[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did you say that women can't write? I've just finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 220px-The_Last_of_the_Wine.jpg (14KB, 220x321px) Image search: [Google]
220px-The_Last_of_the_Wine.jpg
14KB, 220x321px
Why did you say that women can't write? I've just finished this shit and it was one of the best novels I've ever read in my entire life.
>>
That's nice dear.
>>
>>8643676
/pol/ says a lot of silly things
>>
novels are degenerate art
>>
>>8643717
Art is degenerate.

Functionality is the only true virtue.

kys faggo

- t. reader of non-fiction
>>
How do I into (adjusts glasses) Mary Renault?
>>
>>8643709
But why? What's the point of shitposting on an anonymous board?
>>
Wuthering Heights is a great novel.
>>
>>8643784
They have nothing else in this world except their stupid little thoughts and absolutely no one to listen to them. At least if they type out their nonsense on this website, someone is going to probably read it.
>>
>>8643753
Art is therapeutic which is conducive to functionality.

Short sentences.

Irony.

- t. smug sense of self-righteousness.
>>
>>8643676
Being a statistical anomaly does not change the rule you fucking two dimensional autistic.
>>
>>8644366
Technically speaking a man who writes good literature is also a statistical anomaly, just a less drastic one.
>>
>>8644386

Only if you're comparing the man-writer to men (or people) in general. It would make more sense to say that men being good writers is not an anomaly at all within the writer category, whereas a woman writer being good is, no?
>>
>>8644394
This.
>>
>>8644386
The difference is that
>competent/skilled working women are relatively rare, but are the baseline of men
>highly skilled women are extremely rare, but are relatively common among men
>genuinely talented women are vanishingly rare, but there's still enough of a pool to overstock most competitive positions for them among men
>true genius tier women do not exist, but relatively plenty exist (competition for household name status is pretty harsh) among men

For this reason, being on the middle of the Talent Pyramid as a woman gets you more recognition than being God King Genghis Einstein McCurescancer as a man.
>>
>>8643753
Wasse point of functionality if you can't enjoy life?
>>
>>8644406
Regarding "genius", history does have Great Men who were women, e.g. Jeanne d'Arc
>>
>>8643784
Venting.
>>
>>8644394
No, still an anomaly. Greater than 90% of male authors are shit.
>>
>>8644485
Yes but when the great male authors outnumber great female writers a million to one the baseline consensus of women in general being awful writers does not change.
>>
>>8644294
This. When I look over the dozens of fine female authors I have on my shelves, it's infuriating that anyone believes that bullshit for a moment, but they have nothing else to do.
>>
>>8643784
teh lulz
>>
File: lit and the mad mind.jpg (196KB, 917x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lit and the mad mind.jpg
196KB, 917x1200px
You've got me interested OP, what's good about it?
>>
>>8644507
>great male authors outnumber great female writers a million to one
you're really showing your pleb here.
>>
>>8643676

Opie, I advocate Mary Renault at least twice a week on /lit/. She's incredibly underrated. Her novels are well-researched, romantic but realistic, informative, well-written, and beautiful stories.

If you haven't yet, please read her Alexander Trilogy. The Persian Boy is the most romantic thing I've ever read.
>>
>>8644294
/pol/ will inherit 4chan. I hope you realize this.
>>
>>8644907
dorks will leave when the election is over and they get bored
>>
>>8644735
I'm clearly being hyperbolic, however that does not nullify my point.
>>
>>8644722
I can't describe it. The Last of the Wine was so well-written, her prose is really enjoyable. When you start, you want to keep going.
Not only that, but you can see that she knows her stuff when it comes to Ancient Greece. There's so much historical details, so much little things that make her story believable. And it's very subtile.

>>8644757
>If you haven't yet, please read her Alexander Trilogy.
Ordered it yesterday mate. Can't wait.
>>
some of my favorite poets are women. guest, waldrop, perillo. but i can't recall a novel by one that i fancied.
>>
>>8644420
where's the genius tho
>>
>>8643676
Sounds like somebody memed you, friend.
>>
>>8644507
>million to one
There have been less than half a million great authors in the human history to begin with, fucktard.

There are plenty great female authors. Female writers, in general, used to be uncommon because females were denied both the education and permission to write. And even then, no one wanted to read books written by women and apparently that mindset still exists although women are catching up quickly. Why are you so stubborn about this? Did mommy take your video games away?
>>
>>8643784
Just act like it's a meme.
>>
Renault's Theseus pair: King Must Die & Bull From the Sea: are comfy as hell.
>>
>>8643676
They say it because they're either narcissistic gays, or rednecks.
>>
Women authors I have at least five books by:
Fiction/Literature: Margaret Atwood, Jane Austen, Dionne Brand, A.S. Byatt, Margeurite Duras, Elizabeth Gaskell, Anne Hebert, Shirley Jackson, Evelyn Lau, Toni Morrison, Alice Munro, Mary Renault, Jane Urquhart.
Genre: Mary Stewart, Storm Constantine, Agatha Christie.
Children/YA: Beatrix Potter, Carolyn Keene, Enid Blyton, Esther Averill, Lucy M. Boston, Susan Cooper, Elizabeth Enright, Tove Jansson, L.M. Montgomery, J.K. Rowling, Catherynne Valente, Judy Blume, Rosemary Sutcliff.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.