[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it safe to say that Henry James is a bootleg James Joyce in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Beha-Henry-James-834.jpg (102KB, 834x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Beha-Henry-James-834.jpg
102KB, 834x1200px
Is it safe to say that Henry James is a bootleg James Joyce in terms of the amount of punctuation he used?
>>
>>8641838
what?
>>
>>8641860
is Henry James prose a bootleg version of Joyce's?
>>
>>8641838
No. Where did you get this idea?
>>
>>8641838
>in terms of the amount of punctuation he used?
what do you mean by this?
>>
>>8643329
Because Henry James prose is so annoying to read since he uses a comma every second word(look at The Turn of the Screw) where as Joyce does the same, but it works for Joyce And flows more naturally.
>>
>>8643390
Henry James:
>UNDER certain circumstances there are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea. There are circumstances in which, whether you partake of the tea or not—some people of course never do—the situation is in itself delightful. Those that I have in mind in beginning to unfold this simple history offered an admirable setting to an innocent pastime.

James Joyce:
>Closeclutched swift swifter with glareblareflare scudding they scootlootshoot lumbering by.
>>
Is JMW Turner a bootleg Picasso?
>>
>>8643402
henry james

He laughed for the first time. “You are acute. Yes, she
was in love. That is, she had been. That came out—she
couldn’t tell her story without its coming out. I saw it, and
she saw I saw it; but neither of us spoke of it. I remember the
time and the place—the corner of the lawn, the shade of the
great beeches and the long, hot summer afternoon. It wasn’t
a scene for a shudder; but oh—!” He quitted the fire and
dropped back into his chair.
why does, he, write, like this all, the time
>>
henry james is shit
>>
>>8643799
extreme restraint in punctuation is a modern trend and was not observed in all eras of English literature
>>
I tried reading the turn of the screw once and the prose was so insufferably convoluted I put it down. Is anything by this guy worth reading?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.