[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have that nyrb ebook download link that's been floating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: nyrb.jpg (163KB, 535x350px) Image search: [Google]
nyrb.jpg
163KB, 535x350px
Anyone have that nyrb ebook download link that's been floating around recently? Would really appreciate it.
>>
>>8641560
>three logos vertical
>all the rest horizontal
WHYYYYY
>>
>>8641618
horizontal looks better but some of the books are too thin
>>
>>8641560
I'm hoping for this as well. I've asked a couple of times fairly recently and nobody has helped out.
>>
Speaking of NYRB - does anyone have any thoughts on these books? Are any of them good?

>A Month in the Country.
>The Summer Book.
>Mouchette.
>Chess Story.
>Life and Fate.
>Or Dead Souls (though it isn't strictly speaking an NYRB-tier book).
>>
>>8641560
Man these books are so beautifully bound I love the way each has its own color scheme. I have stoner on my shelf and I just love holding it lol
>>
>>8641741
Heard good things about "month in the country" and "life and fate." The only one of those I've read is "dead souls" and I think it's definitely worth a shot. Personally I didn't "get it" or even enjoy it until about halfway through, at which point Gogol basically grabs you, the reader, by the arm and says "dude look at what I'm writing" (he will literally speak in second person to the reader). At that point everything starts making sense and being very cool, so don't give up on the book before then.
>>
>>8641741

careful about reading dead souls with the nyrb translation, i recommend nyrb for foreign works cause often times they have the only up to date ones available of lesser known books.

those are all good books though.
>>
>>8641758
>at which point Gogol basically grabs you, the reader, by the arm and says "dude look at what I'm writing" (he will literally speak in second person to the reader).
*Record scratch*
>>
>>8641560
Search in the archive >warosu.org/lit/
>>
Here, OP:
https://www.mediafire.com/?ry202gh3zaeao3e
>>
>>8641618
omg, i have a ton of these and never noticed...

this is a big problem now.
>>
>>8642472
OCD? Maybe you'll have to print out a vertical logo for each horizontal spine and paste it over...
>>
File: 1457890132532.jpg (86KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
1457890132532.jpg
86KB, 1366x728px
OH MY GOD! THIEF?! I HAVE SUBMITTED THIS THREAD TO THE FBI!!
>>
>>8642517
The FBI aren't really the enforcers of private copyright violation. Why not pretend you reported this thread to NYR themselves? That would at least make some sense.
>>
>>8642538
It's not pretend; I screenshotted the submission as proof. You think I got this off Google images? You fucking idiot boy. You don't know anything. You are NOTHING.
>>
>>8642547
Shh, I'm trying to make your lame joke actually workable. "I told the FBI that some people are sharing links to e-books!" is pretty sad, you must admit.
>>
>>8642557
I wasn't making a joke you frigging dummy. I really did report this thread to the FBI ON GROUNDS OF TERRORISM. Pretty sure mentioning terrorism right here brings some attention by the NSA. NSA, YOU IDIOTS GET THIS OP THE THIEF. THIS WAS ALL APART OF THE PLAN YOU IDIOT BOY. 1) distraction 2) pretend I'm invoking the FBI 3) invoke the NSA. You're screwed, AMIGO. Just admit it.
>>
>>8642577
Are you brain-damaged, anon? That makes no sense at all. Go have a nice nap.
>>
>>8642586
He still uses Internet Explorer, what do you expect
>>
>>8642517
That's a nicely curated set of tabs.
>>
>>8642517
>using Internet Explorer
>"how to take a screenshot" tab open
>male feminism
>/b/
>/mlp/

jesus christ
>>
>>8642538

>The FBI aren't really the enforcers of private copyright violation

Next you'll be telling me cops don't kill black people for no reason.
>>
>>8643904
fun is a reason anon
>>
>>8641747
In the Heart of the Heart of the Country is beautiful too.

Remember when these were shit on? Fucking pathetic. NYRB is doing us all a huge favor, and they're doing it well. I'm happy to have them printing shit.
>>
>>8641903
>>8642436
OP here, thank you both!
>>
>>8641741
Absolutely adored The Summer Book when I read it back in June. It's a little corny to say it should be read exclusively in the summer but it really captures a certain spirit of the season.

Chess Story was a very interesting short read but it hasn't stuck with me as much. That is probably a preference issue rather than a knock against the books quality.
>>
File: Moominbooks.jpg (402KB, 1100x869px) Image search: [Google]
Moominbooks.jpg
402KB, 1100x869px
>>8644609
Jansson is the coolest.
>>
>>8641741
don't know about the NYRB translation, but Dead Souls is great stuff. Best book on that list, by far.
>>
semi-related, but does anyone have the folder for oxford world classics? much appreciated.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.