[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'Beren and Lúthien' to be released as a stand-alo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: BerenandLuthien.jpg (27KB, 260x392px) Image search: [Google]
BerenandLuthien.jpg
27KB, 260x392px
'Beren and Lúthien' to be released as a stand-alone like 'Children of Hurin' was years ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/oct/19/jrr-tolkiens-middle-earth-love-story-published-beren-and-luthien
>>
I thought Children of Hurin was pretty boring. I've read the Silmarilion and I don't think my understanding of the events of Turins life was improved by reading the stand alone version.

Ill still probably check this out though.
>>
>>8640771
I liked CoH alot because I read it before the Silmarillion. Going into a longer book already knowing the story is going to be a bit boring.
>>
Give it a fucking rest and leave the texts the man didn't actually put reasonable work into for the Tolkien scholars
>>
File: nabhead.jpg (56KB, 500x626px) Image search: [Google]
nabhead.jpg
56KB, 500x626px
>>8640784
>Going into a longer book already knowing the story is going to be a bit boring.
>tfw plebs
>>
>>8640790
I consider myself an amateur Tolkien scholar so I'm pretty hyped for this.
>>
>>8640739

>reading the love story of two privileged cis white characters in 2016
>>
>>8640739
His son needs to be stopped.
>>
>>8640814
>cis
text doesn't say anything about that
>>
File: gondolin.jpg (478KB, 1395x983px) Image search: [Google]
gondolin.jpg
478KB, 1395x983px
I just want the Fall of Gondolin
>>
>>8640815
I thought Chris Tolkien used to be protective as fuck over his dad's work? What happened?
>>
>>8641702
The complete version of Children of Hurin he release was far superior to the synopsis in the Silmarillion. Maybe he just wants the best and most complete versions of the mythos out there?

Could be money too.
>>
>>8642420
Considering the time between releases and the quality of CoH, I cannot see the disrespect or greed anywhere. He could have released 10 mediocre stories he wrote himself and made millions.
>>
There isn't any new lore left is there?

It's just expansions of Silmarilion stories now isn't it?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.