[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top tier Fiction released in the last ten years. I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1140.jpg (624KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1140.jpg
624KB, 667x1000px
Top tier Fiction released in the last ten years.

I'll start.

10:04 - Ben Lerner
>>
>>
>>8640516
What's this? I like that cover
>>
That cover is fucking me up real bad, it doesn't make any sense. Why is WTC on the east side of lower Manhattan? Why are their bridges coming out of midtown west?
>>
>>8640692
10:04 by Ben Lerner
>>
>>8640516
any Murakami desu
>>
File: Pynchon-Against-the-Day_2.jpg (12KB, 200x317px) Image search: [Google]
Pynchon-Against-the-Day_2.jpg
12KB, 200x317px
>>
>>8640692
Its 10:04 by Ben Lerner

And it's badassery.

A novelist/poet rises to unexpected success while at the same time being diagnosed with a possibly fatal genetic disorder and being asked by a platonic friend to father her child.
>>
>>8640762
>protag is an aspiring novelist
and just as quickly as my interest came, there it goes again
>>
>>8640766
lol same exact thing happened to me though I still might read it someday. Looked up the beginning on Amazon and it's just him going on and on about studying abroad and going to the Prado. Ugh, why do rich people think their lives are interesting?
>>
>>8640853
That's a different book, Leaving the Atocha Station. 10:04 is much better. It's like the best of Robert Lowell in novel form.
>>
>>8640766
It's actually done very well in both novels of his (which have a good deal to do with being a writer), not in the cringe worthy beret clad English major way.
>>
>>8640853
That's a different book and within the context of the book the narrator believes he conned his way into a fellowship that allowed him to go to Prado.
>>
>>8640516

Tails gets Trolled (not finished yet)
My Twisted World.

for different reasons, they will still be read in 2 centuries.
>>
The bone clocks
>>
>>8640904
>2666
it's from 2004 you failure
>>
>>8640709
What's the problem? It's just a photograph of NYC in a blackout. Something about the upper-crust types of the city being favored.

Ya OP, 10:04 is very good. One of my favorites that year; the Challenger story alone amazed me.
>>
>>8640766
It seems almost impossible it isn't sort of humble about all that typical pretentious stuff. It even deploys heavy metafiction about the self-insert creating a self-insert. But I think the story asks you to look past what seems really pretentious to find what is anyway a really good and interesting story.
>>
>>8640762
>her
dropped
>>
>>8640762
>asked by a platonic friend to father her child.
KEK
>>
>>8641133

not at all. the content of that novel cannot be conveyed without retaining the formal conceits you are explaining away as inauthentic pretentiousness
>>
>>8640904

Tails Gets Trolled is The Iliad if the modern age.
>>
>>8641145
I guess I mean to say that 10:04 isn't really as conceited as a story written by a white dude who writes poetry in NYC about a self-insert struggling with writing his own self-insert may sound.
>>
Ferrante
>>
>>8640579
This and anything by Vollmann
>>
>>8640709
I think the angle is just confusing you. That is a real undoctored pic of Manhattan after Sandy
>>
>>8641120
>>8641197
I figured it out, it's flipped
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 320x488px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 320x488px
>>
File: Spook_Country.jpg (23KB, 324x500px) Image search: [Google]
Spook_Country.jpg
23KB, 324x500px
>>
>>8641170
Ferrante is readable, but is basically the Western version of a Japanese light novel that people keep trying to dress up as something more.
>>
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.