[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since I got to college, I am more bored and lonelier than ever.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Since I got to college, I am more bored and lonelier than ever. I feel like I don't belong anywhere. I don't have any issues interracting with people, but I have yet to meet a person with whom I can have a discussion on anything other than than the most boring and mundane aspects of life. Nobody here is capable of understanding the simplest forms of symbolism or listen good music.
I can't take refuge in books either, because the local library has this stupid policy where it won't let you borrow books if you don't have a permanent residence here.

So far, the only things to ease my pain were the monthly book and bottle of spirits, coffee and going to church(orthodox one). I fear that if I don't change anything, I might become just like Raskolnikov at the begining of his "adventure."

Any book recommendations?
>>
>>8639155
Wow, alcohol lonely church and too intellectual for plebs!??!?!!

You are so authentic

Take up cigarettes too and put on captain beefheart
>>
Get your head out of your ass. Don't expect deep conversation with people you've just met or only talked to on the most casual terms, they aren't there to satisfy your need to discuss, so to discuss deeper, you'll need to get to know them deeper and to get to know them deeper please check out the first sentence.

give American Gods a shot, though
>>
but you got 4chan bro.
what else do you need?

take into account the people that are small or intelectual was always a small elite.
>>
>>8639166
this guy has it right. Just follow the CI and you'll get into social.
>>
>>8639155
Well surprise! This is the easiest time in life to talk with people. Although they may not all or even mostly be interested in finer arts, they may still listen to you about them or try something out with your recommendation because, unlike adults, time and energy aren't serious factors on what students do.

If you want to even try out having friends, college is basically your only chance.

t. Person who has only met 2 people in 2 years who read lit or are even the slightest bit interested in talking about it (one of them had no overlapping books with me)
>>
>>8639175
So... Less going to the theatre and more going to the club? Not exactly into that kind of music, but I guess there's nothing rakia won't fix.
>>
>>8639181
so join a pnp-RPG group or whatever tickles your taint. Just move your mouthflab until noises come out in the direction of people not holding their ears closed.
>>
>theatre and church

Lol get a life, loser
>>
>>8639189
Nothing like that.
>>
File: IMG_1544.jpg (40KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1544.jpg
40KB, 505x431px
>>8639155
>monthly book
You consider yourself intellectual but you can only read 12 books a year???
>>
>>8639210
I have to buy them and my funds are limited.
>>
>>8639204
nope
>>
>>8639214
Why can't you just find them on the internet and read them on the computer or print them out if you got a place that can do it cheap? It's not the best way to read, but if your funds are really so limited...
>>
>>8639155
>OHH SO TRENDY TEEN CULTURE
What does tao lin have to do with "teen culture"?

This image is retarded.
>>
at least in my country college/undergrad is like high school 2.0, everyone goes to it to get a degree for jobs. things gets more real if you do a grad thats where the plebs get filtered.

your best bet to meeting anyone who you can connect to is by finding visual art majors or philosophy kids, they tend to know their shit
>>
>>8639224
>>8639214

Yea this there are a lot of pdfs famalam
>>
>>8639181
Eh clubs aren't exactly good places for socializing. I guess it's kind of ironic with OP's pic, but bars and house parties are cool, campus clubs can be neat (especially international ones, because most countries only let their smartest or their richest go abroad for college), and there's always befriending and chilling with professors.

Realize that there are many kinds of intelligence including social. There's always time for books, there isn't always situations where you're put in a place with tons of other people united by varying levels of social and intellectual ambition.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.