[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chris T actually did it, the absolute madman! >In this book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1476962226056.jpg (261KB, 1355x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1476962226056.jpg
261KB, 1355x2048px
Chris T actually did it, the absolute madman!

>In this book Christopher Tolkien has attempted to extract the story of Beren and LĂșthien from the comprehensive work in which it was embedded; but that story was itself changing as it developed new associations within the larger history. To show something of the process whereby this legend of Middle-earth evolved over the years, he has told the story in his father's own words by giving, first, its original form, and then passages in prose and verse from later texts that illustrate the narrative as it changed. Presented together for the first time, they reveal aspects of the story, both in event and in narrative immediacy, that were afterwards lost.
>>
I'll buy it.
>>
>>8638959
>>8638959
Me too. I bought The Children of Hurin despite having read the Silmarilion, and enjoyed it. I just hope the family keep Peter Jackson away from this stuff forever.
>>
>>8638991
Children of Hurin was really great, imo the best work published under the name of J. R. R. Tolkien
>>
>>8638991
Tolkien family will likely sell the license when Chris died ;_;
>>
>>8638991
Cristopher hates Jackson and Hollywood. They will never touch his father's work again. And with the massive blunders that were the Hobbit movies, I doubt even Hollywood is so keen further pursuing the LOTR universe.
>>
>>8638925
Does no one realize this is a meme cash grab. Muh immortal / mortal love story is just capitalizing on YA lit.
>>
I guess I won't kill myself this year after all.
>>
Are the illustrations new or just from Lee's previous work?
>>
>>8639016
IIRC Luthien turns into a bat, and Beren a werewolf at one point. My God, it's going to be Twilight 2.0
>>
File: 120912.jpg (56KB, 223x247px) Image search: [Google]
120912.jpg
56KB, 223x247px
>most beautiful woman to ever live
>>
>>8639034
would confess love to
>>
>>8639045
I'd sooner fuck Beren from that cover. Or even Huan.
>>
>>8639034
would break into hell, lose a hand and die for, desu lads
>>
>>8638991
The Children of Hurin was much longer, I really wonder how much material Chris Tolkien had to work with here.
>>
>>8639047
it's okay we don't hate gays here.
>>
what do you guys think about the fan theory that christopher tolkien and christopher poole are the same person
>>
>>8638991
>Peter Jackson
Replace that with "Hollywood" and I agree.
>>
File: zzgI4.jpg (240KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
zzgI4.jpg
240KB, 1000x750px
Wonderful news.
>>
>>8639034
F L A W L E S S
C O M P L E X I O N
>>
>>8638925
Actually, this is one of my favorite stories (Creation of Ea and Valinor is number one), so I will definitely be buying this.
>>
>>8639114
Moot is kill
>>
>>8639057
Quite a lot. Pick up Unfinished Tales, sometime. The almost the whole book was already written for him, one of JRR's more complete unfinished works
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.