[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Based on what I've ascertained about various religious and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Schopenhauer (2).jpg (14KB, 300x358px) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer (2).jpg
14KB, 300x358px
Based on what I've ascertained about various religious and philosophical system, I cannot seem to find any which censure antinatalism while many approve of it and most give it tacit approval. Is it undefeatable?
>>
>>8638563
Elaborate
>>
>>8638563
If antinatalism -- as you say -- is true then why haven't we killed ourselves yet?

Checkm8 atheist
>>
>>8638563
>Can't find any religious systems that censure antinatalism
Christianity?
>>
>>8638565
Because we haven't conquered the insatiable will, duh
>>
>>8638563
meow-meow-meow meow-meow-meow meow-meow-meow-meow-mew

i tried to meow a criminal's song melody (this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUaWnsYvvxg), is it understandable?
>>
>>8638567
I have. She's lying next to me right now
>>
>>8638566
Ecclesiastes talks at length about the harm of coming into existence. "Be fruitful and multiply" can be taken as a privelege rather than a commandment. Nevermind the fact that celibacy is part of monastic life.
>>
>>8638572
Also

Luke 14:26

"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot call himself My disciple."

Mark 8:34

"If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. "

In general Christianity is about repudiating the material world.
>>
>>8638569
gently pull her tail :3

>>8638572
paul specifically said that while it's better (at least he liked it more) to be virgin it's ok to be non-virign, i'm a bit drunk so sorry that i won't look for the specific place, it's in the epistles
>>
>>8638580
nope
christianity is a very practical religion and they burned those who tried to teach to actually deny the material world i.e. followers of a lot of gnostic heresies
>>
>>8638592
so the gnostics are wrong and the catholic paganists (with their pantheon of saints) have it right?
>>
>>8638588
Yes he said it was "tacit approbation". That only means that sympathizing with antinatalist thought is recconcilable with being a christian.
>>
>>8638595
no you see, neither do the catholics have a pantheon of saints, nor are the paganists.

Glad to have cleared that up.

And what does it matter anyways, you wanted a religion that actively censures antinatalism, there you go.
>>
>>8638604
I asked if antinatalism was undefeatable because none of the major systems of thought seems to think its wrong.
>>
>>8638595
ughm, where have i said anything about who was "right" (a nice conception to apply to something unverifiable) and who was wrong?

but christianity for sure doesn't repud... doesn't deny the material world albeit has asceticism as a honorable way to live your life, but only one of the possible ones leading to salvation

p.s. christian saints are not worshiped as gods but "venerated"

p.p.s. to be honest, i think that the teachings of gnostics are more logically sound because, if we consider that the material world was created by an imperfect being, it makes the problem of evil a bit easier
>>
>>8638609
well, it's been defeated for tens of thousands of years, so I'd answer with yes.
>>
>>8638614
>p.p.s. to be honest, i think that the teachings of gnostics are more logically sound because, if we consider that the material world was created by an imperfect being, it makes the problem of evil a bit easier

In no way does it make it easier, it just removes it one step - How did the demiurge come into being in a world where a benevolent all powerful god exists?
>>
>>8638625
People do a lot of stupid things that are wrong out of sheer ignorance.
>>
>>8638630
so what do you mean with defeated, if not overcome?
>>
>>8638634
I mean in terms of a cogent ethical argument
>>
>>8638638
could you formulate antinatalism as an argument to be refuted?
>>
>>8638627
well... one step is one step :3
i haven't said it solved it
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.