[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the essential texts on psychoanalytic theory? >inb4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1464031340630.jpg (53KB, 723x723px) Image search: [Google]
1464031340630.jpg
53KB, 723x723px
What are the essential texts on psychoanalytic theory?

>inb4 >psychoanalysis
>>
Would a dictionary of terms/concepts be useful? I'm planning on reading Interpretation of Dreams, Freud's case studies, his introductory lectures. But I'm lost as to where to go from Freud (straight to Jung?), and also I want to get to grips with Lacan
>>
>psychoanalysis

Just start a dream journal, you'll learn just as much useless information
>>
The Interpretation of Dreams
Chapter V. The Material and Sources of Dreams
Chapter VI. The Dream-Work

Lacan:
The Mirror Stage as Formative of the Function of the I as Revealed in Psychoanalytic Experience
The Agency of the Letter in the Unconscious
Signification of the Phallus

Hegel Phenomenology of the spirit: chapter on master slave dialectic

Erich Fromm Psychoanalysis and Religion. Also you might enjoy some of his other works, especially his writings on the split conscience.

There's also other stuff, but this is the groundwork pretty much.
>>
ESL here
is it: "I hate Freud, he ruined literature" or "I hate Freud, he has ruined literature"? Thanks in advance
>>
>>8636905
I've probably read more Jung than Freud, but virtually no theorist in the psychoanalytic tradition (talking about Lacan, Irigaray, Deleuze, Butler, Zizek, etc.) will ever reference him. So you can honestly skip Jung if you're just looking for entry level texts, although Jung is immensely entertaining.

You can probably go right from Freud (Int. of Dreams, selected case studies, Civ and its Discontents, Beyond the Pleasure Principle) to Lacan's Ecrits.
>>
>>8636923
Here.

>>8636915
Is a pretty good crash course, although I would really recommend reading Freud's Beyond the Pleasure Principle (longish essay) before tackling Lacan.
>>
>>8636915
Not OP, but saved your post. Is Hegel's dialectic important beyond that chapter btw?
>>
>>8636920
the first one because he's dead and the ruining is done, the second would be if he were alive and still ruining it
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.