[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a fair assumption that people who read philosophical works

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: topkuk.jpg (144KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
topkuk.jpg
144KB, 500x700px
Is it a fair assumption that people who read philosophical works are intellectually cucked?
Why are you content with supplementing your own ideas with someone else's?
If you love wisdom so much, why are you not educating yourself in sciences, politics, social and cultural life around you in a pursuit of developing your own, deeply unique philosophical view?
Do you not see that any philosophical treatise is a packaged goods, an easy-to-consume product, and hence inherently anti-wisdom?
>>
>>8636588
why do i still come to this shithole
>>
>>8636588
>if you wanna learn the piano, why not just lift weights until you develop your own, deeply unique piano skills

oh wow, really makes me unthink
>>
>>8636588
OP, autistic thread.
Au
Tis
Tic

Coming into contact with others' views doesn't force them to follow them, it does, however, give you an opportunity to test your beliefs against critique and test others views.

If you are so easily indoctrinated that, if you see someone else's works you immediately attach it to your own views, you make me sad.
>>
>>8636598
>>8636603
Mad as fuck pham
>>8636617
Thats mighty arrogant to assume yourself to be immune to indocrination
Who do you think knows more about pain

a) a person who gets hit and feels incredible pain
b) a person who studies neuroscience for years and inflicts various degrees of pain upon himself and others and studies the effects
c) a person who reads musings on pain from some greek who had hemorrhoids 2000 years ago
>>
>>8636603
kek
> good metaphor desu OP. Now get back to /a/
>>
>>8636603
>if you wanna learn the piano, why not just read a lot about various piano-playing techniques, then claim that you're a master pianist
>>
>>8636643
>Mighty arrogant o assume yourself immune to indoctrination
Nah, I'm just half-sensible and capable of criticizing the way I think. Most people here are.

>Bla bla bla neuroscience
See Positivism. OP, you tried to make your own philosophy so hard you ended up recreating someone else's, topkek.
>>
>>8636588

who is the girl in the pic?
>>
>>8636588
What is a different perspective
>>
File: 1475269622326.jpg (37KB, 673x586px) Image search: [Google]
1475269622326.jpg
37KB, 673x586px
>>8636588
>If you love wisdom so much just study science and cultural stuff
>>
>>8636588
Science is definitely more useful than philosophy and should be the only option for academic studies. However, people don't read philosophy without questioning and coming up with their own interpretations of it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.