[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

How much did you read this year? What's the goal for next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-10-15-09-50-56.png (941KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-15-09-50-56.png
941KB, 1920x1080px
How much did you read this year? What's the goal for next year? Do you even worry about that sort of thing?
>>
>>8633676
>How much did you read this year?
at 63 or so, I'll read another 10 or 15
>Goal for next year
Emile Zola's rougon macquart series for as long as I can go.
>Do you even worry about that sort of thing?
Tracking things in my life and keeping/making schedules keeps my anxiety in check. I track fitness, reading, my meals for the week, my daughters' schedules, the time I get up and go to sleep. It keeps the panic attacks away.
>>
about 40 books, maybe a little more or less.
>What's the goal for next year?
number wise I don't have any specific goals, I'd like to read a lot more French though.
not really no, as long as I'm not completely neglecting my reading.
>>
>>8633676
10 books or so, didnĀ“t finish any, though.

keep on reading, whatever i want.

nah, iam not doing this for anyone except for me.
>>
So far finished around 14 I hope for 20, no reason why, just a goal.

I kept track at the beginning of this year because I was curious to know how many I'd read.
>>
>>8633676
I try not to concern myself with arbitrary goal-setting and worry about what I'm reading instead. That said, I never read as much as I want to. Too much time spent shitposting on /lit/
>>
25 depending on one counts
What's the goal for next year?
Do you even worry about that sort of thing?
yes, and I'm ashamed of myself for just that few
>>
I started in late July this year and established my Goodreads challenge at 40 which I completed last week. This was the most I've ever read. I simply indulge in literature almost all day aside from a couple of college classes.

Next year I'll aim for 50 probably, adding more big novels and difficult stuff.
>>
>>8633676
Currently at 57. Probably get another 6-10 done before new years.
To actually read less. My music has stalled for the last couple of years so I want to get back into that. I'm in the best shape I've been for 3-4 years and i want to spend a decent amount of time working on that. I also want to double down to get my French really good by the end of next year. So maybe 30ish books next year?
I did used to until I learned that at least half of lit can't even read 20 books a year.
>>
>>8633676
About to finish my 13th after getting back into reason at the beginning of the year. I told myself I'd try to read at least one book a month, plus an additional one to make sure I didn't slack off towards the end and extend it into the new year, and it seems I've accomplished my goal.
I'd say I'm going to try to do it again next year, or at least make it a point to keep reading.
>>
>>8633676
I read north of 50 books, 5 in French and 8 in Japanese. I think next year I'll read much less and give some of that time to learning how to build webpages.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.