[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I spend 200 euro books from Amazon, I can't really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Should I spend 200 euro books from Amazon, I can't really go to the effort of looking in local bookshops
>>
>>8633630
Pirate epubs.
>>
For the record these are the books i'm looking at.
Gallic Wars
Pride & Prejudice
Wuthering Heights
Complete works of Oscar Wilde
Complete works of Shakespeare
Collected poems of John Montague
Inherent Vice
Gravity's Rainbow
The Crying Of Lot 49
I, Claudius
Augustus
Butcher's Crossing
Stoner
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
The complete poems of John Keats
Collected poems of W.B. Yeats
Ivanhoe
Ben Hur
The Aeneid
The Iliad
The Count of Monte Cristo
Don Quixote
Fight Club
The Catcher In The Rye
Brave New World
Fahrenheit 451
A Clockwork Orange
Catch-22
>>
>>8633630
One great thing about local bookshops is you find some really great local/national content (relevant social/political/economic stuff).

Also, you can find pretty much any classic at a used book store at a low price so no need to waste money buying new (unless you are looking for a specific edition/translation).
>>
>>8633654
You are obviously new to literature, what dont you buy 5 of the most accesible of those books, and start with those (like stoner, catcher, etc)
>>
>>8633654
>Wuthering Heights
buy To The Lighthouse instead
>All that Pynchon
only buy one
>Stoner
bad, don't buy
>The Count of Monte Cristo
genre hackery
>Fight Club
film is better and even that is not very good
>High school shit
don't bother, replace with: Dubliners, Ficciones, The Stranger, The Trial
>>
>>8633654
1. There's no reason to buy this many at once
2. Every used book store in the world has fucking Pride and Prejudice what are you even doing.
>>
>>8633654
All good except Fight Club. I'd recommend Collected Fictions of Borges or Joyce's Dubliners.
>>
>>8633630
use alibris or abebooks.
>>
>>8633654
These are almost all public domain for the most part, you should buy a used kindle and dont attach it to the internet. If you want to decorate your house, use alibris.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbXz3MXx2DU
>>
>>8633706
dominiopublico.gov.br
Literally a government kept public domain archive.
You can find a bit of stuff in english, but does anybody know if there's an american one?
>>
>>8633683
I'm reading to the lighthouse right now and finished Dubliners, moving on to portrait of the artist soon.
>>8633684
I can afford it so why not?
>>8633706
Prefer the feel of a book in my hands, plus it's almost like a memento when you've finished it
>>
>>8633728
Project Gutenberg has every one published before 1950 something

>>8633732
As someone who has a library I understand, but it seems like you are quite new to literature...
>>
>>8633732
Yeah but buy what you can at a used bookstore for $3 a pop and you can afford even more
>>
>>8633630

Torrent them or download them on PG and stop being a consumerist faggot.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.