[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books or Essays about the meaning of Art? I'm interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: slicing up eyeballs.gif (467KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
slicing up eyeballs.gif
467KB, 500x334px
Books or Essays about the meaning of Art?

I'm interested in improving my understanding of different definitions of what is and is not Art, and what different people think the purpose of Art is
>>
art through the ages
>>
File: PostmodernAmericanPoetryIICOVER.jpg (527KB, 1060x1600px) Image search: [Google]
PostmodernAmericanPoetryIICOVER.jpg
527KB, 1060x1600px
the rear end of this anthology is a section called Poetics where all the great poets of yesteryear write about what poetry is, why it exists, and how one goes about creating it. more or less a handydandy handbook of artistry. for me, it was the most bang for my buck.
>>
>>8632017
That sounds excellent, did you enjoy the poems as well?
>>
>>8632028

fuck yeah i did. though not every one appealed to me, they are still each distinct enough in themselves to justify existing. it covers a lot of ground, there's bukowski and his anti-intellectualism, ginsberg and his howl for alternate lifestyle, guest's tranquil hovering through space-time, and of course ashbery being a goofball and being miles ahead of everyone else in the process.

if my house was burning it'd be one of the books i'd save first.
>>
art is metaentertainment.
>>
>>8632003
>this gif
DELETE THIS
>>
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.