[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

/lit/ I need some help Since last year I wanted to write a story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: gylenhall.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gylenhall.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
/lit/ I need some help

Since last year I wanted to write a story about a someone who, in an amok rage, murdered someone he knew and hated. He feels guilty and hides the body. Soon, as the plot develops, he is forced to kill more and more, making him develop a taste for murder.

But I have no idea about how to define the plot properly.

Why did he hate the first guy he murdered?
What did the guy make that made him mad enough to murder him?
What forced him to continue killing?
How will the plot end?

If you answer these questions, no matter how vague, I'll be forever thankful to you.
>>
File: 1476218304884.png (230KB, 400x411px) Image search: [Google]
1476218304884.png
230KB, 400x411px
What the fuck? Are you asking /lit/ to completely write a story that you're writing?

Sounds like the most basic murder plot... How do you have ZERO creativity?
>>
>>8630672
Yes it's a really basic plot. I could think of parts of the plot, but never as a whole, and it was always horrible. Although I find it pretty easy to create a main plot from nothing, I really can't develop it well. All my ideas sound like shit
>>
>>8630658

>Why did he hate the first guy he murdered?
He slept with his wife. On Christmas eve. While she was wrapping his presents.
>What forced him to continue killing?
He is a police officer, and his fellow detectives get too close to the truth.
>How will the plot end?
It was just a futuristic VR training simulation. On Mars.
>>
>>8630709
Did you find it easy to imagine that? Although that sounds really simple, I feel like I would never have thought of that. Am I retarded?

But thanks anon, I'll use your ideas.
>>
>>8630715
Shit bait, made me reply.
1/10
>>
>>8630719
It's not bait anon...
>>
Stop bumping this shit thread. It's either the babbys first troll or a literal retard.

If you feel the need to reply to this shit then learn to SAGE
>>
File: 1461293870679.jpg (369KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1461293870679.jpg
369KB, 2560x1600px
>>8630658
you have no basis for what anything in your story represents. If you want to write something impactful try communicating some themes, once you have some themes in mind it should be easier to fill in the details. Like this:
>Theme: political life, democracy
they disagreed about politics
>What did the guy make that made him mad enough to murder him?
He refused to support his ideas
Killing people who wont vote for him
>How will the plot end?
He wins the election

My point is, if you only have "this happened and then this happened" for your story its not really gonna grab anyone, not even yourself. You should try thinking more of how you can represent things and actually say something with your work.
>>
>>8630759
That was incredibly helpful, it made everything easier to visualize. Thanks, it'll be really useful
>>
>>8630658

he didn't, he didn't even pay to her any attention. also it was a woman, a cleaning lady

>What did the guy make that made him mad enough to murder him?

she accidentally spilled a bucket of dirty water to a picture which he drew in his studio

to conceal her death he had to kill everybody who entered the building and could find her body, and then everybody who entered the building looking for those who disappeared entering it

>How will the plot end?

there are several possibilities -
a) the building can't contain so many corpses any more and he have to stop
b) the people end, either generally or those who are willing to enter the building
c) they manage to overcome him
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.