[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Language isn't real you tards. After reading Derrida and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1605.jpg (82KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1605.jpg
82KB, 750x1334px
Language isn't real you tards. After reading Derrida and Foucault, I've concluded that all words are an illusion to convey concepts verbally. Fretting about the details of the wording in my argument proves that you're insecure.
>>
what
>>
>>8630464
Please sage when responding to shitposts
>>
>in my first tutorial for "Government and Politics of the Middle East"
>tutor is an Italian post-structuralist Foucault fan
>spends a good fifteen minutes explaining that all discourse is compromised by "where you come from"
>basically if you're a white man or even just born in the West you're automatically disqualified
>1/3rd of the class are white and about 2/3rds are westerners
>I put my hand up and ask why we're even discussing anything at all
>also both her and Foucault are damned by their own rules as white Europeans
>she ignores me and restricts me from speaking for the rest of the class
>she is marking my fucking essays
>mfw I have to swallow this PoMo bullshit to have a chance at getting a good degree
>>
>>8630459

Your conclusions are bad.
>>
do people actually believe this?
>>
>>8630459
>language communicates ideas

No shit dumbass.
>>
>>8630459
its called qualia you retard
>>
>>8630459
Did you actually think language was anything more than an isomorphism of a concept in the first place?

I'm seriously doubting you have the cognitive ability to comprehend Der or Foc.

>saged
>>
>>8630459
>using language to say language is meaningless

Self detonating statement, thank you Molymeme
>>
>>8630492

>having bad professors that don't understand fooly cooly

wtf man? my uni is primarily technical and underfunded and we still have only good profs and MAs. you American or smth? shit like that would never happen here (ethnology)

if that happened to me I would complain even up to the dean, not make a bitchy 4chan post you fag
>>
>>8630459
Language is just a sophisticated and highly evolved meme.
>>
>>8630492
that's just a bad reading of foucault/pomo. discourse has nothing to do with where you come from because it's imperialistic. for example, it can describe how "legit" knowledge is regulated. ...so fuck 'em.
>>
>>8630459
"Real."
You kids crack me up. So language isn't "real," but your concepts are?
>>
>>8630492
This is what really pisses me off about my lectures. These PoMo types spend so much time qualifying what they have to say in terms of "discourse" that all they ever do is crab-walk around what the topic of the lecture is actually supposed to be. I had a lecture on T.S Eliot's "Tradition" essay where all the lecturer did was have her poet friends read poems about how the idea of having a "canon" of poetry is sexist and wrong (which is a perfectly fine opinion to have if you can substantiate it; I resent the fact these people only present their opinions in contexts where they won't have to defend them), with the class learning literally nothing about Eliot's actual position in the essay (to them he was just some boogeyman keeping lesbians out the canon).
>>
>>8630459
what did u said? I couldnt understand you because language isnt real.
>>
>>8632254
pardon?
>>
>>8630496
>>8631028

It's descriptivism. OP's ideas are nothing new.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.