[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/ please help me I have lost my will to read, what can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20161017_232826.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161017_232826.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
/lit/ please help me I have lost my will to read, what can I do to regain that
>>
File: xoS5LYl.jpg (31KB, 338x500px) Image search: [Google]
xoS5LYl.jpg
31KB, 338x500px
force feed thyself
>>
>>8630100
But I can't read any other shit that sci-fi and fantasy but I need to read some classic literature(preferably French)
>>
>>8630121
What do you mean you can't? You can, you just don't want to. Gotta break through and the breaking through might not be as pleasant as reading scifi and fantasy, but the process is really straightforward.
>>
You can't force yourself into a hobby, go with the flow man. If your mind wants to play in a swimming pool, do just that. I mean, why complicate it right?
>>
File: i7mxyKX.png (174KB, 667x758px) Image search: [Google]
i7mxyKX.png
174KB, 667x758px
>>8630138
Because time is precious and we might not have as long as we think.
>>
>>8630136
Thank you Anon, but do you have recommendations ?
>>8630138
I was a bookworm when I was young and I want to find that experience again but I don't know where to start
>>
>>8630146
You might not have as long for what? The most 'optimal' way of living?
>>
>>8630152
Try starting with some classics that sound as interesting as possible to you and aren't too long, although lenght is less important, I think.

You can check the sticky or just literally google any classic literature list and read a little about them to see which one attracts you the most.

Really, even if you end up starting with a few that sound more interesting than they are, you still get benefit out of this as, at the very least, you're getting into the habit of reading, and habits are a strong force in any area of life.
>>
>>8630156
Long enough to waste as much time as people generally waste.
>>
>>8630176
Thank you ! I will do that tomorrow, for now I have to sleep. You can decide an other subject for the thread now
>>
>>8630190
By the way, I don't have any personal experience with this, but some well-read friends of mine strongly recommend reading for like 15-30 minutes before sleep, especially if you're still trying to make a habit out of it.
>>
>>8630194
It's midnight here and I have to wake up for 7:30 I think I'll pass but with holidays I will take this habit
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (2MB, 2300x4025px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
2MB, 2300x4025px
>>8630156
Ba ck to /leddit you fucking plebeian.

The ideal man uses every hour of his day in the pursuit of glory through the improvement of his soul and body.
>>
>>8630121
The Plague- Camus
Therese Raquin- Emile Zola
>>
>>8630278
I'll take Zola, thanks ,Camus is not my cup of tea
>>
read easily digestible books first.

Don't aim high just aim for anything that has good characters.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.