[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just finished the Wind-Up bird chronicle I was expecting a more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1259.jpg (18KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1259.jpg
18KB, 184x274px
just finished the Wind-Up bird chronicle

I was expecting a more satisfying ending, but apparently if I had read other Murakami I would have known not to expect that.

My questions are:
Why did Creta and Malta suddenly disappeared?
What exactly did Noburu do to Kumiko?
What was the thing Toru killed at the end?
What was up with the last few pages?
>>
Well with Murakami, the journey is definitely the main focus point rather than the ending. Most of the things you mentioned such as what Noburu did to Kumiko, the thing Toru killed, and the resolution are all pretty much metaphors left up to the reader to decide. Creta Kano, in my interpretation, is the fruitful part of Toru's life shown by her fertility, a direct contrast to Kumiko. Most of the novel is pretty much centered around the concept of self-identity, and displayed my means of the weird metaphors Murakami likes to use.
>>
what was up with that child watching some guys fucking around with a tree in the backyard in the middle of the night? did that have any purpose for the story? it just felt unrelated to me
>>
>>8629912
That was Cinnamon, it's how he lost the ability to speak.
>>
>>8629919
well yes, but what does this treefuckery do? what were they burying? where did they come from? why did that one guy climb up and never come down? how does that all lead to the boy turning silent? it all felt so forced
>>
>>8629746
iirc

they or at least creta went to crete and btw creta invited toru with her
likely raped or mind broke, possibly unlawfully detained
noburu's essence
no idea what you want to know

>>8629970
he apparently lost the ability to speak because he underwent a stress related to death or leaving of somebody
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.