[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't pic related work out? A lot of people will say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0060.jpg (45KB, 468x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0060.jpg
45KB, 468x300px
Why didn't pic related work out? A lot of people will say the movies played it up, but after rereading the books recently, I still think this made the most sense.
>>
>>8627110
of course it makes the most sense

the fuck does JK know about organic storytelling
>>
>>8627110
Didn't it work out fine for both?
>>
>>8627116
No I meant in terms of the two of them ending up with each other instead of each of them ending up with a member of the Red Menace.
>>
>>8627110

why the fuck are you reading harry potter you stupid pleb faggot
>>
>>8627138
Thanks for contributing senpai
>>
>>8627138
Hehe he should read gravity's rainbow like a true intellectual
>>
File: IMG_0097.jpg (114KB, 654x641px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0097.jpg
114KB, 654x641px
>>8627114
I honestly feel like the dumpster fire that is pic related gives anyone who is a fan of the series the right to pick and choose how it ended. This book is literal garbage
>>
At some point JK stopped giving a shit about her series.
>>
>>8627146
Is it that bad? I am considering reading it just for how much everyone heats it.
>>
>>8627150
This. Once she write that shitty epilogue after DH, it was only ever going to downhill from there.

Then once her other work failed, she came back and started fucking with the series again
>>
>>8627155
the shills will have succeeded then
>>
>>8627110
British people!? she was not as hot in the book and I guess harry felt safer in a power dynamic were he had the upper hand.
>Ginny Weasley
What im wondering about is why Ginny turned into a slut or if its normal in British schools for girls to make out with 4+ people in a semester. Was she trying to show harry how grown up she is or what was up with that?
>>
>>8627155
its shrek 4 for with homo subtext
>>
>>8627141

Any time.

>>8627145

Just because I don't eat filet mignon every night doesn't mean I want to eat shit.
>>
>>8627159
Her Galbraith novels did well I think. Or rather, sold well.
>>
>>8627150
I would say it was around book 5
>>
>>8627166
That's always been my problem with Ginny.

Why the fuck would Harry want that after she's slept around with everyone in Gryfindor?
>>
>>8627159
It's embarrassing how bad that epilogue was. It's obvious she wrote it years before she got to Deathly Hallows and aimed the relationships at that point.
>>
>>8627182
I agree. She lost almost all credibility with me after I read the epilogue.

I remember reading through DH in one day, getting to the epilogue and then honestly being confused as to whether or not there was some mistake and I had somehow started reading a new book.
>>
To be quite honest, none of the romance seemed to be organic. Rony and Hermione sucked, Harry and Gina too, but Harry and Hermione would be just as bad.
>>
>>8627193
I think it would have been the lesser of two evils though, because at least with Harry and Hermione there was some organic, healthy development there.

Not so much with the other pairings.
>>
>>8627177
I felt like he was at a low point after dumbledore took a tumble so they kind of stuck together. most post ending writing is so out of character that there is no way to say why they stayed together
>>
File: 11010.jpg (22KB, 300x206px) Image search: [Google]
11010.jpg
22KB, 300x206px
>>8627193
>Gina
>>
JK Rowling herself has stated that the ron/hermione thing was just wish fulfillment on her part, that it was forced. she says she regrets it, that in real life hermione would not have been happy with such a beta. t
>>
File: HJ2A6dp.jpg (164KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
HJ2A6dp.jpg
164KB, 960x1280px
>>
>>8627243
great contribution to the discussion.
>>
File: sweet poflo.jpg (3KB, 93x134px) Image search: [Google]
sweet poflo.jpg
3KB, 93x134px
because the 'incompetent but well meaning all around fool gets with smart and slightly insufferable yet all the same responsible chick' is the oldest childhood lovers shtick in the rowling cliche reference checklist. Harry and Hermione were actually compatible with healthy conflict and mutual respect, not to mention individual merit outside of 'muh chessboard and convenient loyalty' so of course, it makes too much sense.

4 years later, still triggered.
>>8627214
yeah, he definitely settled for 'former girl who had crush on him suddenly develops feelings for other boy; protag loses influence, eagerly wants it back, proceeds to court her'. but why the fuck they remained together is a complete and utter mystery when there was zero development on either side, and even less excitement. congrats on the shit, jk. congrats.
>>
>>8627248
>>8627145
>>8627141
kys, fucking plebs
>>
File: IMG_0099.jpg (108KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0099.jpg
108KB, 400x400px
>>8627264
>>
>>8627265
>reads Harry Potter
>accuses others of being immature
Come on m8
>>
>>8627253
iirc, she even said in another interview "I dated a lot of Ron type people in my life before realizing that they wouldn't work out, it took a while to find someone who was my Harry (cringe line here much?"

Basically admitted there Ron was a beta too
>>
>>8627265
is that fucking B.A Johnston?
>>
>>8627279
its hilarious when writers have a crush on their puppets.sarah j maas fucked up her books because she is wet for immortal fay
>>
>>8627170
so... it's a masterpiece
>>
>>8627170
>shrek 4 for with homo subtext
that's redundant, shrek 4 already has the homo subtext.
>>
>>8627279
>Basically admitted there Ron was a beta too
it depends who ditched whom :3
>>
>>8627110

because jk fucked up by making ron useless and uninteresting and felt she had to have him do something, so love interest of hermione was her only idea
>>
I've never read the books or seen the movies. i really should get around to that someday.
>>
File: 06241.gif (6KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
06241.gif
6KB, 650x450px
>>8627555

This. Ron's was underdeveloped compared to the other two kids. She ended up spending way too much time on the side-characters, which were newer and more interesting to her.
>>
>>8627987
weird. I only saw the movies and I didn't get that sense at all. this makes me not want to read the books.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.